Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Mass shooting...

I live in a small town in Northern California, about 2,500 people. I live a few miles out of town, and I was going into town today to do some banking. I was driving into town and I heard gun shots. 6 of them. Everyone started running out of house and screaming and crying. There was a mass shooting at a Native American Education center right as I was driving by. I had no idea what was going on, I drove to the store and started asking people what was going on. Everyone said there was a shooting and 4 people were already dead and 2 were injured. Right at that moment I remembered that my girlfriend had a meeting there right at that time. I fell down and started crying and shaking in the middle of the store. Everyone knows every body here, people ran over and were asking me if I was ok, I couldn't breath and I started shaking so bad. I grabbed my phone and called her. She was 10 minutes late to the meeting. She is NEVER LATE. They had everything on lockdown, including her office(Another Council office) They finally let her go home and I went over just to be with her. I cried for about 20 minutes straight while she just held me. Even though she's okay, she almost wasn't. If she was there, she would be dead. I keep having the worst panic attacks tonight. After I lost my dad 6 months ago, she's become my everything. I love her more than anything in this world. She knows about my emet, she knows about every weird little habbit I have because of it. If I'm sad, she feeds me ice cream, when I order a salad she takes off everything that I don't like without me even saying a word. She's my other half, and I'm still so scared because one of the people is still on the loose. He was going to her office next, that's why they locked it down. I'm so sorry if I'm rambeling and misspelling words, I'm just really shaken up. I knew everyone involed. The shooters, the victims, I knew them all. And the thought that she could have been one of them, is way too much for me. She doesn't have to work tomorrow so we're going out of town just to get away. I can't seem to calm down though

Default Re: Mass shooting...

I am really sorry to hear that dear. I cannot even begin to imagine how you must be feeling right now! All I know is, I am here if you ever need to talk. This whole ordeal sounds horrible, and I am very glad your girlfriend is still with you! My thoughts and prayers go out to those who have been lost, and their families. Just remember how lucky you both are, and never forget that! Just remember to breathe, and maybe just keep talking to your girlfriend. The ones you love often calm you down more than anything. And just being with her should reassure you.
    Everything will be fine! The worst is over. The not knowing is over. You know she is safe now, and with you. Take some time off with your girl and try to relax. (it's a good excuse for a holiday/weekend away I'll say!)
    I also recommend speaking to a therapist about it. Because they can help you process the fact you almost lost her (but remember, you didn't, and she is fine now!)

Make sure you update us! This is such a tragic incident for all involved, but again, I am very glad your girlfriend is safe!
    Please visit my progress blog:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Wanting to help others. Please spread the word!

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
    "To thine self be true, then it must follow, as the night the day, that thou canst not then be false to any man."
    "The empty vessel makes the loudest sound."
    - William Shakespeare

Wow, this sounds more like an action movie ythan real life, it's no wonder you are so traumatized! . I hope you all find comfort in the closeness of the community even while that also means you know the perpetrators too. You just be sure to give yourself ample time to deal with the trauma you're experiencing including (as TheLastANZAS said), a therapist. My heart is with you. Xx
    Some people are so poor, all they have is money.

Facebook Donna Mutch

Wow that's an amazing story. I'm so happy to hear that she's alive and well; I can't even imagine loosing my bf. try to focus of the good parts, she's still there with you. You have each other. Life is precious, live it as much as possible, which is especially important to us emets. I'm sending you positive vibes right now!

My goodness. I'm in Southern Oregon and it was all over the news here. I am so sorry to hear that you went through this. I am glad your girlfriend is safe and well. I'm glad you're getting out of town. You'll be able to clear your head. <3 Lots of love and healing thoughts in your direction.

HUGS If you still do not seem to be able to calm, get some counseling, like a grief/ptsd type of counseling for the trauma.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Kick emets a....

OmGosh! How horrible! I am so sorry for out loss ad so glad your gf is okay. Hugs.

Thank you all so much. And MaybeBaby we actually went to Klamath Falls for the weekend lol small world huh? Getting out of town was much needed. When we got back we had a birthday party to go to, so we were in town and there was 2 more shootings, both of which we heard the shots, and a stabbing, then when I got home there was shots fired at the house down from mine. I'm so ready to leave this town! I honestly think I was more shaken up then she was about the whole thing. I'm so nervous for her to go back to work tomorrow Thank you guys so much for all the love and support, you all always make me feel better! *HUGS*

That is horrible! I live in a small town here in Australia, where nothing happens. I cannot even imagine being in that situation! I most definitely couldn't live there. If it is truly scaring you, maybe it is best that you movie. Where you live can effect your happiness, which effects your anxiety, which effects your life, which effects others' lives too. Maybe have a chat to your girlfriend?
    Please visit my progress blog:

Wanting to help others. Please spread the word!

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
    "To thine self be true, then it must follow, as the night the day, that thou canst not then be false to any man."
    "The empty vessel makes the loudest sound."
    - William Shakespeare

I want to be a "grown up" And get a job, but with all of this happening, I can't even think about doing that. She wants to move now to, she's a substance abuse therapist, and there's a job opening for her in Washington, so I might be moving! She's the kinda person that nothing really bothers her, so for her to tell me she doesn't want me going out of the house or getting a job, yeah it's bad. All of this hasn't helped my panic attacks AT ALL