Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I'm flying to Las Vegas Wednesday morning. I have my "calmness" plan all worked out. I have Xanax for the plane, my mom and b/f will be sitting next to me, and I will be listening to an audiobook with headphones to block out any unpleasant sounds. I have not experienced motion sickness on a plane before, but am still worried. Should I eat before flying or not? Which one will keep my stomach calmer? I think with the Xanax, my nerves should probably be pretty much okay.
    Ultimately we know deeply that the other side of every fear is a freedom. - Marilyn Ferguson

Habituation always defeats fear. - Edmund Bourne

I usually eat before going on a plane, not a humongous meal, but as i don't usually get travel sick, I dont just eat a bag of peanuts. If you are worried you could eat something pretty light. This makes it so that I feel content on the plane, and I dont have to eat the icky plane food! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]Also, drink water, maybe its just me, but if i dont have water i feel more nervous, and sometimes sick. If that doesn't help you, then dont!

<3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

Definitely eat. Sometimes I think an empty stomach will make a person nausiated, especially from movement. Just eat light and safe
    \"This too shall pass\"

EAT! I get motion sickness and it is ten times worse for me on an empty stomach! A friend of mine told me that she felt sick on the plane one time and the flight attendant told her that the best thing to do is eat. As much as she didn't want to, it totally made her feel better. So, I know it's strange for an emet, but I always eat whatever they give me on a plane!
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

I am kinda opposite of everyone else...i feel MUCH better when I don't eat...I am an emet who associates fullness with nausea, even if I am not overstuffed. I just don't like having food in my tummy at all when I am going to an anxiety invoking event like flying.

If I ever do feel sick from not eating but I am anxious (rarely happens) I eat a Luna Bar. Those are the best.

You should just go with your experience. If you feel bad when you don't eat, you should eat something. I would just do it at least an hour before you have to go to the airport so you don't get nervous.