Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Need calming!

Default Need calming!

Hey everyone!
    I'm new here and need some reassurance. My 2 and 1/2 yr old daughter was with our babysitter on Friday staring at 1:30pm. At 3:00 the babysitter called me saying she was about to v*. So I rushed home, sent her home and put my daughter right in the tub. I cleaned EVERYTHING I could think of, completely saturating it all with Lysol. Anything the sitter could have touched. Now I'm even paranoid that the Lysol won't have killed the sv. The thing is, the babysitter said the night before, she had eaten lamb at a restaurant and immediately her stomach felt bad. She couldn't sleep well that night. After getting sick a couple of times that next afternoon (although it was well over 12 hours later) she felt better. So... I'm hoping it was food poisoning and not sv. My daughter is so touchy feely and loves to snuggle. So I'm assuming she was pretty close to the sitter right before the sitter v*d. I am sooo anxious right now that my daughter is gonna get it. It's been about 32-33 hours since exposure... I'm sooo scared she's gonna wake up sick. How likely is it that my daughter may have caught something? Does it sound like my sitter had food poisoning? Or like the sv? I'm so freaked out and can't sleep. Ughhhhh. I hate this time of year. All I do is panic the whole winter.

Default Re: Need calming!

Relax. Breathe. Sounds like you did everything and more. You should be safe.

Emet can and does get better with treatment.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Kick emets a....

Default Re: Need calming!

How are things now dear?

Sounds like you took all the precautions! I would say it was FP, it does happen! So don't worry! You and your daughter will be fine. Even if it was sv, you took all the right measures. Well done
    Please visit my progress blog:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Wanting to help others. Please spread the word!

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
    "To thine self be true, then it must follow, as the night the day, that thou canst not then be false to any man."
    "The empty vessel makes the loudest sound."
    - William Shakespeare