Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Angry Why why why why WHY

So been felling off these past week but have put it down to anxiety and poor eating choices however today I've felt like it could happens and then shortly after finishing some popcorn I felt like a lodge in back of throat. I checked but nothing was stuck but that's what it feels like. At the back of throat like I need to burp but nothing is happening. It's causing me to panic I'm my belly I have this awful feeling and I'm miserable
    also woken up having fallen asleep to a yucky all over feeling, a full tummy, and a pretty much Bleghhh although i have no cramps no excess water and bm are normal.
    part of me feels like I'm fighting it and as soon as I relax it's going to happen
    does it sound like acids reflux or a sv* any any help ASAP is much appreciated

Default Re: Why why why why WHY

Naps almost always cause people to feel yucky, I know it's happened to me often. It sounds like anxiety and some reflux, in your case. sv* don't really cause any throat sensations, they cause straight up, sickening nausea. It sounds like you're making yourself feel even sicker because of the anxiety, try to relax, take your mind off it by reading or doing something which requires focus.

I wish this was a nap but I'm meant to be asleep asleep it's 1:43am in England and I went to bed about 11 and woke up at 1.
    Really you think I keep telling myself that and my lack of food these past few day is causing it but then i could be a sv because I feel Bleghhh why did I ever have to have this phobia z

Well, that's not a lot of sleep, and for all practical purposes it is "feel yucky afterwards" nap length I feel yucky like that when I wake up in the middle of the night with only a few hours of sleep. I really wouldn't worry. And yes, lack of food (or eating junk food) will definitely make you feel a bit more ill, because there will be too much acid in your stomach if you haven't eaten enough and that can cause nausea and bloat your stomach. That's what causes that feeling as though you need to burp, because if your stomach if bloated the gas bubbles sometimes stay lodged in the oesophagus. I'm quite familiar with that, it happens to me on an almost daily basis. Usually with a sv* the symptoms come on very quickly and they don't drag on being mild for hours before making you sick. Do you have any saltines or other bland crackers? When I feel like that and when I wake up feeling all yucky, I'll nibble on that, it usually helps to soothe the stomach. Try that, and see if it helps. It might take a few minutes before it works, but try a little bit at a time.

Yeah you're very right it is feel yucky nap length. I'm still feeling bad now I always panic that it's going to a sv and this is the pre sv bit. I feel frustrated because I ate today as well (a salad and chips at lunch and a salad stir fry with homemade popcorn for dinner) so allot to being ups I have taken domperidone and the max you can have ( plus a little more) and it's not kicking in which makes m feel like it's anxiety cause they would work normally with that it could be strong sv?
    i don't have angry crackers sadly I wish I did!

Thank you so much for you reply x

How are you feeling now dear?
    Please visit my progress blog:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Wanting to help others. Please spread the word!

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
    "To thine self be true, then it must follow, as the night the day, that thou canst not then be false to any man."
    "The empty vessel makes the loudest sound."
    - William Shakespeare

Well I fell asleep but woke at 7 feeling yucky had one loose (not water but getting there) bowel movement followed about 10mins later by a normal one. But tummy feels sensitive ( worried that I'm just fighting this. Is it because my tummys empty do you toni?

The domperidone can cause the loose bm if you take the higher doses. Also, from experience, it doesn't really do much to alleviate nausea from anxiety, because anxiety causes nausea through a different pathway than the one from sv*, migraines, etc. Maybe stick to healthy bland food like the BRAT diet for a day or so if you're still feeling yucky? It could be because your stomach is too empty, yes. Relax, it'll be fine

Oh yes! Empty stomachs always cause nausea! Quite annoying really. "I'm hungry, feed me! I'll make you feel sick so that you feed me!" "But I don't want to eat because I feel sick!"
    Just a horrible cycle. Make sure you eat little and often. Even if it's just simple foods, just enough to keep your tummy from being empty. That's all it needs. You'll be feeling better in no time!
    Please visit my progress blog:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Wanting to help others. Please spread the word!

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
    "To thine self be true, then it must follow, as the night the day, that thou canst not then be false to any man."
    "The empty vessel makes the loudest sound."
    - William Shakespeare

Hey thanks for the support I haven't been s* and I was fine I still feel a tiny bit iffy but think that's purely down to getting worked up I've returned to eating normally again gulp so just praying that I don't start an anxiety path though.
    I hate the nausea empty stomach cycle it's the worst I guess I always suffer from it.
    Hopefully I won't have another panic like that for a little while x

Oh thanks for this I haven't made the connection yet between loose bm and higher doses of domperidone.
    Ahh maybe that's why then I feel the need to take more because I think it's not working I had noooo clue about it being a different pathway that's really interesting to know. So what do you do in those instances is there anything you can take? Or something I do have ginger tea but find that's neither here nor there.
    Will stick to bananas and such if it happens again x x

Well, when it is caused by anxiety the best solution is to stop the anxiety to stop its symptoms. So usually taking anti-anxiety medication will address the nausea from that cause better than most anti-emetics. I'm not a medical professional, though, so maybe you should discuss that with your doctor, but it might be the best solution to help the nausea in those times. And yes there are several different mechanisms that can trigger n* and v*, and different drugs act on different pathways to block them. This is part of the reason why dimenhydrinate (gravol) is good for motion sickness but not so much for chemotherapy induced nausea, because the triggers aren't the same. As for ginger, well, it's one of the few natural remedies that is proven to work to reduce nausea. It works nicely for me, but maybe only because it calms me down.