Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default just happened. please need advicd

Hey everyone. So I am 23 weeks pregnant and finally through all the morning sickness. I had a very strange incident tonight that I am trying to make sense of. I fell asleep early then woke about 1am hungry (very typical). I went to kitchen got some milk and cheese. While I was eating I started to feel what I thought was very bad reflux, a lump in my throat and like I had to burp. It was very uncomfortable so I stopped eating and kind of freaked out but thought it would pass. Then suddenly I just v all over in bed . Nothing like this has ever happened to me before and I am freaked out. Any help?

Default Re: just happened. please need advicd

Sounds like you are handling this much better than I would! Don't forget to praise yourself, remember, you haven't died or anything, have you?
    I would think it is 'morning' sickness. I would go to the doctors when you are feeling better and get something like Ondansetron. It is a tad expensive, but it is used to help morning sickness in pregnant women.

Either that or you could just have a virus. Do you have any other symptoms?

So sorry to hear this dear, and I really, really hope you feel better soon!
    Please visit my progress blog:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Wanting to help others. Please spread the word!

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
    "To thine self be true, then it must follow, as the night the day, that thou canst not then be false to any man."
    "The empty vessel makes the loudest sound."
    - William Shakespeare

Don't think it was morning sickness and don't think a virus either. Feels like reflux. I'm 23 weeks pregnant and had morning sickness in the beginning.

Hi Katie, that is a nice pic! I hope you will come to the chat. Doug
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ah, okay. Anything that could have set it off?

How are you feeling now?
    Please visit my progress blog:

Wanting to help others. Please spread the word!

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
    "To thine self be true, then it must follow, as the night the day, that thou canst not then be false to any man."
    "The empty vessel makes the loudest sound."
    - William Shakespeare

I'm thinking it's a combination of slight morning sickness and reflux...being pregnant and always hungry, esp in the middle of the night, can set off that yucky feeling...it happened to me once as well. I wasn't eating enough, tried to eat some crackers in bed, and then just was sick right in bed!! It happens so fast and you don't really even realize it. Try not to worry too much about it. Take it slow today, eat when you can, keep your fluids up more importantly. Take care!!!

Sorry hon, but you rocked it. Hope it cures you.

Kick emets a....

Honestly, I've heard of things like this happening! I had a friend who was pregnant, eating, felt fine, laughing with one of her friends and outta nowhere she v* on the kitchen floor! Just like that! Pregnancy is unpredictable. If there was really no prior nausea or malaise, it could be either reflux or... just that, a random isolated incident that comes with the territory! Stay strong, you're doing well!

Sounds exactly like reflux to me. No n* prior to it, no warning, just out of nowhere. The fact that you were eating and maybe eating too quickly since you were so hungry. Try to not let yourself get hungry if you can avoid it and eat SLOWLY, chew well. 6-7 SMALL meals a day is ideal when you are pregnant. If you have get up every three-four hours in the night to snack on a handful of crackers and some flat ginger ale, do it. The acid builds up in the 2nd trimester faster and you can get bad heartburn, especially since the baby is growing and starting to put some pressure on the tummy as he/she grows. Luckily as the baby drops down towards the birth canal, that will ease off, then it's the kicking and punching in your bladder so you are dashing to the bathroom praying you don't PEE on yourself! But that's easier to take than a lot of it! Strength honey, you are more than halfway there!!!

My mum always tells me stories i would rather not hear about things like this happening to her during her pregnancy with me (tmi ik)
    If you want pop in to your gp and they can put your mind at ease but i really wouldnt worry, i mean i am a kid but my mum loves giving me the details....eww
    May your dreams be bigger than your fears

Hey hon, I had this happen when I was preggo with my girls. I would wake up V**ing. My midwife diagnosed reflux and prescribed Mylanta before bed each night and to sleep with my torso elevated on 4 or 5 pillows. That fixed it. Hope this helps you also. Xx X
    Some people are so poor, all they have is money.

Facebook Donna Mutch

Pregnancy reflux, for SURE! So sorry and hope you're staying calm!!!! xoxo

Thanks everyone I had a minor freak out the night it happened mostly bc I was so shocked and this never happened in my first pregnancy! Glad to hear others had the same thing happen. I'm going to be more careful about what I eat in the middle of the night from now on!