Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Umm need help again please :(s

I took a big step yesterday and went to bluewater (a huge shopping mall in the uk)
    And I regret it.
    I ate burger king (fast food) and im so scared that fp will happen.. I also picked the chicken nuggets not by my hands i had a napkin but i used one finger just to like get it into the napkin and i had washed my hands jus before this but then opened the door to burger king and to the toilet enterance.

I think thats all but im just so nervous especially as my mum is away for 3 days which would be when i would come down with it

She said if i need her she can come back but it would take hours and hours coz she is in germany or something and she would have to wait for transport etc...

So any help even if you think you are rubbish just please help i am so anxious like....deadly anxious

My stomach feels iffy today but maaaaaaaaaaaaaaay hopefully be anxiety just please help
    May your dreams be bigger than your fears

Default Re: Umm need help again please :(s

I'm pretty sure it's just anxiety. I ate out for the first time in about 3 months on Saturday and I handled it a lot better than expected. But I did feel kind of off yesterday whenever I thought about it. But the chances are so so so small for you to get fp. And you washed your hands. Remember that all of these thoughts in our head aren't true! We just torture ourselves and waste all of this time worrying about something that is so unlikely to happen. Watch a funny movie, listen to music, read, take a hot shower, anything to help you feel calm and distract you.
    You're not alone. Take some comfort in that too.
    Are you feeling any better now?

Quote Originally Posted by Naeemahria91 View Post
    I'm pretty sure it's just anxiety. I ate out for the first time in about 3 months on Saturday and I handled it a lot better than expected. But I did feel kind of off yesterday whenever I thought about it. But the chances are so so so small for you to get fp. And you washed your hands. Remember that all of these thoughts in our head aren't true! We just torture ourselves and waste all of this time worrying about something that is so unlikely to happen. Watch a funny movie, listen to music, read, take a hot shower, anything to help you feel calm and distract you.
    You're not alone. Take some comfort in that too.
    Are you feeling any better now?

I am so afraid i cant move. I am literally paralysed i cant move my legs at all...
    So no im not really any better
    May your dreams be bigger than your fears

Oh I'm so sorry. Is it just the anxiety that's terrifying you?
    Please don't worry. People don't get fp that often as it is so the chances are really small! Try some deep breathing and repeat to yourself that it's all in your head. I hate how paralyzing it can be. It's just so awful how controlling it gets.
    But you are ok. Anything you can do to distract yourself?

I was raised by a single father who basically quit cooking when I was 8 years old. After that I ate out 6 nights a week, fast food sometimes too. I don't think I have ever had food poisoning. Between the ages 8 - 20 I didn't throw up. Really sounds like this is anxiety based. I agree with Naeemahria, distraction is the best tool. I find movies that are comforting and try and lose myself in the movie when I am having severe anxiety.

I felt the same a couple of days ago when I ate McDonalds. I rarely have fast food, but we have been travelling a lot over the last two weeks and I had had it a couple of times earlier that week.
    I was so sure I was going to get FP, I had takeaway the same week and had been fine "but eventually I have to get it." Made myself feel sick on the way driving home, and was so sure this would be the time I got it.

Almost four days later and I am feeling fine.
    Just remember how many people have takeaway and don't fall ill. If everyone was getting sick they would close it down. Just remember to breathe, the n* is just a symptom of anxiety. You sound like you were very thorough with how you ate, so I see no reason why you could get sick.

How are you feeling now dear?
    Please visit my progress blog:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Wanting to help others. Please spread the word!

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
    "To thine self be true, then it must follow, as the night the day, that thou canst not then be false to any man."
    "The empty vessel makes the loudest sound."
    - William Shakespeare

I am 100% sure that you are fine!!!! PROMISE!!!! Enjoy your day. All is well!!!! Think about how many people ate at that restaurant yesterday. Big chain places like that never have fp* outbreaks because they have so many rules and regulations placed on them. You have NOTHING to fear!!!!!