Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Lightbulb Something useful some of you may be able to do to avoid your phobia.

Hello everyone

I have recently joined this forum, I have had emetophobia for years but I didn't 'Realize' it until I read about it on the internet.
    I clean my utensils with hot water and wipe them off, I don't touch my food (I use napkins, and only if they were on the inside of the pile)

Anyway, a good treatment for me has been to go Running or jogging.

I live in a rural area, and there are places in the woods that I run in that do not have any people around.

I am a 22 year old male, and I run very fast sometimes.
    This can make me nauseated, but when I am in the peaceful forest all alone, I truly feel no fear at all from the possibility of v*.

If you can, try to go jogging or walking in the woods or somewhere quiet when you feel stressed out or if your phobia is bothering you.

This helps me because my fear stems from other people seeing me v*.
    It is very silly to me because it is so irrational, even from the few minutes I have been on this forum I am getting past my fears.

Hopefully running or going to a secluded location can help you too!

Default Re: Something useful some of you may be able to do to avoid your phobia.

I agree! Not only is running great for your body it's also great for your emotional health. All that work releases endorphins and helps quell stress. If you can't run, jog or walk. The fresh air really helps too.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Let's freak out together. My Skype is always available to those who need someone to talk to! My username is SnugglePuff78.

Default Re: Something useful some of you may be able to do to avoid your phobia.

Yup any kind of exercise helps relieve stress.
    EmetophobiaHelpline.com

I agree with you!!
    I'm not running only, I do Agility with my dog, and the "obligation" to go training with him was help me a lot with the emetophobia.
    Today I can do an "almost normal life" because I do sport often (we training 3 times at week and the weekends we do competition).
    I recommend do any kind of sport to be more relaxing to face our problem

thank you for the advice! i have heard that exercising is a stress reliever.

I live a few blocks north of Downtown Chicago, and I love to go for a run or a walk around there on the weekends. Downtown (the non-touristy part) gets pretty deserted on Saturdays/Sundays.

Thank you so much for posting this. I'm going to try to go running more frequently. Hopefully it helps me as much as it has helped you!

Sometimes during a panic attack, i get really strong urges to run, I manage to avoid doing it though because i would probably start hypenventilating, but when im anxious i love going running. I live in the middle of a forest so its so nice!
    May your dreams be bigger than your fears