Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Hi i'm new!

Default Hi i'm new!

Hi everyone!
    I'am a emetopohobic since... ever i think...
    I'm 29 and i'm only had twice v* at 14 years old and 3 year ago (but i don't had nothing in the stomach in this case)
    I had a lot of wars with myself for this phobia. Until a few days i don't knew that my problem has a name and a i'm not the one in the world that have this problem... Only this is a big help... i'm not crazy! I read a lot of things i do or i think everyday!
    4 years ago this fear caused me agoraphobia (i could not leave of my home!! But now i'm so "stabilized", i worked a lot with myself and i'm so proud of, because now i have a "almost normal" life.

But now i'm so afraid... i want to be mom and all know what are de first symptom.. Any mother in my situation?
    What can I do for no v* or have n* in my pregnancy??

Thank you all for be here!

Default Re: Hi i'm new!

Welcome!
    If you ask your doctor/a doctor I'm sure they can more than likely get you something that helps with that pregnancy nausea, if you happen to get it. I don't plan on getting pregnant myself but I know now-a-days there are more things so pregnant ladies don't get as much discomfort in that way. But you might not even get it! My Mom was pregnant a few times and she never v*ed through any of those months!

Welcome to the forums!

I used to work in a pharmacy and we often had pregnant women coming in for prescriptions of diclectin. It's an anti-nausea medication for pregnant women, mostly it is some kind of B vitamin with an antihistamine (if I recall well). It might make you sleepy, but I heard it helps a lot. There's also tricks such as eating soda crackers while still laying in bed, before even attempting to sit up or rise, to avoid morning sickness.

Thank you!
    My doctor don't know my problem.. but i will talk with her about it..
    Here in Spain, I read something about Cariban, it's a medication for pregnant women too, but i don't know if is the same, or if dicletin is sold here... I will look...

Welcome

I am sure that through perseverance and positive self talk, you will be able to get past your irrational fear.
    I have only been using this forum for a few days, and have noticed a few people have overcome their irrational fear.

May God Bless you and help you through this.

Hi there!
    I can speak from current experience! I'm just over 17weeks pregnant, never had a desire to have children because of emetophobia, until... Hubby and I found out we couldn't have them naturally. Then my desire took over my fear. Please don't let your fear take over your whole life and the possibilities there are.

These days there are SO MANY different things to aid in morning sickness. Things I found have worked for me, obviously you will find what works for you. Apple Cider Vinegar, Lemons (sucking or even just smelling), acupuncture and keeping something in your stomach always helps a heap! Morning sickness is quite exaggerated in description. Morning sickness (trust me, isn't just morning) but it just refers to nausea, being an emet we seem to have a greater control over preventing v* unlike others who sit there feeling crap and just make it happen to feel better.

If you need to chat or have any questions just drop me a line I'll be more than happy to help. We did 2rounds of full stimulated IVF to get where we are today, so I've been faced with the idea of my fear many times and have not actually v* at all!

Hi Kristylee86! Your experience help me so much! I like to remain in contact, to talk about experiences...
    Yesterday i talked with my doctor, and she will help me with my fear... I'm so happy and excited!