Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Am I in "the clear"?

My toddlers had vomiting Wed and Thur night, but no vomiting since then, and my three year still has some diarrhea, but no nausea. I've washed hands like crazy and used Clorox wipes on door knobs, and in the bathrooms, but I'm wondering if I'm safe yet? Has enough time gone by being exposed that I no longer have to fear that I'll start vomiting? I feel pretty good still, except for the nervous stomach. My husband and I are going out tonight and I'm terrified that I'll start to feel sick once we're out and can't get back home for an hour. Help!

Default Re: Am I in "the clear"?

I'd say you would have definitely gotten it by now! Go out and have a great time, all will be fine!

I had the same fear last night, but I went to my friends party, even stayed there for eight hours!

It gets better when you are actually doing it. The nerves are always shocking on the lead up to something, but once you get there you realise everything will be fine

Just remember to breathe, eat enough to stop the hungry feeling, and laugh! I promise you, it'll be fine.
    Please visit my progress blog:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Wanting to help others. Please spread the word!

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
    "To thine self be true, then it must follow, as the night the day, that thou canst not then be false to any man."
    "The empty vessel makes the loudest sound."
    - William Shakespeare

I went out but we just got home. I actually started feeling bad a couple hours ago. I'm currently having an upset stomach and diarrhea I'm afraid to go to sleep because I may wake up and vomit. I'm so thankful for a supportive husband because I know I must look really silly freaking out. I'm also thankful for this group and your constant support!

Im so sorry to hear that dear! Remember, it could just be a rotavirus. Adults rarely v* from those, you'll just feel a little off.
    You are very lucky to have a supportive husband! Remember, a fear is a fear, and it's nothing to be ashamed for

How are you feeling now dear?
    Please visit my progress blog:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Wanting to help others. Please spread the word!

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
    "To thine self be true, then it must follow, as the night the day, that thou canst not then be false to any man."
    "The empty vessel makes the loudest sound."
    - William Shakespeare