Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Going on a trip with emetophobia

I'm going on a very exciting trip to Florida this Friday and my emetophobia is already setting in. I'm so afraid that I'm going to get sick on the way down and be away from home. I have stomach issues so I tend to feel nauseous throughout the day which always triggers a panic attack. Do any of you have any advice? It's going to ruin the trip if I don't get a grip on it ): I'm nervous.

Default Re: Going on a trip with emetophobia

I just got back from Florida but I was in the same boat as you.... You WILL be fine!!!!! I was so worried I was gonna cancel but made myself go!!!!! I had a fabulous time and I was FINE.... I had one off day but fought through it... I ate on the plane, I went to buffets, I went on all the rides it was awesome!!!!! Once you r on your way you will feel better. The anticipatory anxiety is a killer!!!!

Default Re: Going on a trip with emetophobia

Try not to let it ruin your trip. I feel like that too. I get nauseous with anxiety and it freaks me out. But just think ahead to the wonderful relaxing time you will have. Bring your "safe" things, like antibacterial stuff, meds if you take any, soothing music, etc. And texting and Skype makes things a lot better. I also want to learn to go to FL by myself ( we have a condo down there ) and I get nervous like you. I really want to try next year though, hate this cold. Good luck and keep us posted!!