Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Does your stomach rumble a lot?

Just curious how many people get a noisy stomach / intestines after eating, when you digest.

It is something that has been freaking me out lately, and really has only happened since I did a big change in diet.

But, i still can not help be nervous every time it does it.

Any input?
    If you try and tell me a phobia is unreal. I dare you to live a day, and feel what I have to feel.

- michelle

Check out my daily blog
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    for stories, poems, and all sorts of stuff related to my emetophobia.

Default Re: Does your stomach rumble a lot?

Absolutely - especially when my body is stressed out.
    Does the new diet include a lot of vegetables and such? They can be fibrous and difficult to break down, leading to gas bubbles in the tummy.

yes, a gluten free diet. Which in return has added a lot of veggies. Plus, Ive been drinking a glass with dissolvable organic fiber in it in the morning.
    It just freaks me out, and I actually had to use the bathroom before, which was normal. But still. Atleast others have it, does it freak you out too?
    If you try and tell me a phobia is unreal. I dare you to live a day, and feel what I have to feel.

- michelle

Check out my daily blog
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

It used to freak me out a lot, but I've come to be able to differentiate between the gas pains and actual n*. It can still be pretty bad though - enough to freak me out. You're definitely not alone.

thanks guys, makes me feel a little better. I don't really have any other symptoms then the rumbling but its crazy some times and really upsets me!

- michelle

Check out my daily blog

Apparently stomach rumbling is a good thing and actually it sometimes stops when you have a bug. I always remind myself of that when my stomach's being particularly grumbly!

KLM, i will have to think that way too! Thanks!

- michelle

Check out my daily blog

Also, you may want to try some gas relief medicine (simethicone) that you can find right at your local drug or grocery store. That helped me a lot!

Mine rumbles ALL the time and loudly. Diet changes don't do much either way. It's been like that for months, and it's not linked to sickness at all. It is pretty humiliating though when it keeps making noise while I'm in a quiet office....