Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Just Can't Seem to Win Lately

So I had 5 days of the worst period I've ever had, at least pain wise. It was consistent, the worst pain I've ever been in, and would never stop unless I took an advil. Even then it took forever for the advil to kick in.
    Then, after the pain stopped, the nausea kicked in for the last two days despite the pain being gone.
    And then, about ten minutes ago, d* cramps struck with some nasty nausea. I used the bathroom once and it wasn't d*, though, wasn't even really soft. The pains are gone now (except for a little bit at my ribs) and I took a gravol so the nausea is quickly subsiding...I am still on my period (still bleeding, just with no pain) so it totally could've been that, I'm actually blaming it on that; either that or my current high anxiety. I do not believe it's a virus because there's no way I could've been exposed to one.
    And of course my anxiety is at the highest it's been in a while. I haven't been taking panic attacks as I've gotten better at concealing it in the several months, but it feels like my nerves are just shot. I'm having some trouble getting out of my room. I'm still doing it, it's not stopping me, but every time I go to the top of the stairs I get a jolt of panic and an overwhelming sensation, and I can't stay downstairs for too long.
    Just a rant to say I'm having one of those weeks! I know I'll get over it soon enough but man it's awful!

Default Re: Just Can't Seem to Win Lately

Okay, the d* cramps are back but are mostly in my back now, getting a tiny bit more worried. Still going to blame it on the period though. Thankfully the nausea is still gone!

Aaand last night I had awful nausea, felt like I was going to gag for an hour, and tonight I'm having d* again...I could use some support here.

Sounds like anxiety not helping things. Have you checked in with your gyno? Have you changed bc pills or anything? Every so often my cycle gets screwy. Hope you are feeling better. Try to relax. N could be hormonal or anxiety imo.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Kick emets a....

Quote Originally Posted by Cynna View Post
    Sounds like anxiety not helping things. Have you checked in with your gyno? Have you changed bc pills or anything? Every so often my cycle gets screwy. Hope you are feeling better. Try to relax. N could be hormonal or anxiety imo.
    My period is over now, but if the next one is just as bad I am going to check in with the doctor; I haven't changed my bc pills, so it could've been just one of those awful cycles.
    I do agree that the n* could be caused by anxiety. It's just an extreme pain to go through!

Are you on the pill? That really helped with my cramps however I still get horrible nausea sometimes. It's a little concerning it lasted so long but I'm sure it was due to your period not a SV