Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default DR. office nightmare

So I had to schedule an appointment to see a doctor to prescribe some meds for me because its going to be too long before I can see them at mental health. When I was checking out of the office and stuff, a guy comes to the window talking about how his wife doesn't want to come in until she goes into a room. Then the lady at the desk hands him one of those bags you get sick in.
    Well, sure enough here comes the lady, WITH A BUCKET. She is holding a bucket with her, incase she gets sick. I got so scared I quickly went to the other side of the office and out the opposite door. I am so scared that I will get sick from that. I mean, she didn't get sick when I was there but still.
    Man, I could really use some encouragement today :-(
    If you try and tell me a phobia is unreal. I dare you to live a day, and feel what I have to feel.

- michelle

Check out my daily blog
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    for stories, poems, and all sorts of stuff related to my emetophobia.

Default Re: DR. office nightmare

You won't get sick from that, and no telling what was making her sick. You'll be fine, don't worry. Also, I've been in situations like that at the Dr's office which is why I dread going there, lol. Everyone looks at me sprint the opposite direction whenever I see someone nursing a sick bag!

It just freaks me out. I did avoid her at all costs, and she wasn't V from what I saw. I went in to get meds cause I'm on a breakdown with my anxiety so that was the last thing I needed to see.
    Goingmonkeys can I add your FB
    If you try and tell me a phobia is unreal. I dare you to live a day, and feel what I have to feel.

- michelle

Check out my daily blog
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Maybe she was pregnant! I really doubt that she would have come in there with a normal ol' stomach bug. They would have just prescribed her Zofran. The fact that her husband took off of work to come with her also suggests that it wasn't a run of the mill virus. It's really most likely that she was pregnant and couldn't keep anything down so she went in to make sure everything is alright. Otherwise, it could be her gallbladder, cancer, appendicitis, etc. I'm really sure that you're ok. Really, truly.

Absolutely! Feel free!

The lady was probably in her 60s.. so probably not pregnancy. but perhaps something else that was making her sick. It was bad because Ive been in a break down and was just about to leave and then to see that was so disheartening .

- michelle

Check out my daily blog

Cancer, migraine, concussion, etc. SO MANY options with only one being a sv*. I know what you mean though, when you're already worked up that certainly didn't help. It's behind you now, you're safe and well!

Prob a tummy problem not a bug, so sorry your day was crappy. Try to forget about it. You are not exposed to anything regardless of what it is.

Kick emets a....

Aw that stinks. Keep your head up, I doubt you were even exposed. I know the sight was probably frightening enough, but try and put it out of your head. Watch some cartoons or listen to music (those are my go-to anxiety helpers lol). You will be fine Relax, deep breaths

Thanks everyone. Thank bajeesus I got a script for some ativan. so I was able to calm down and relax a little.

- michelle

Check out my daily blog

Quote Originally Posted by mhartse View Post
    So I had to schedule an appointment to see a doctor to prescribe some meds for me because its going to be too long before I can see them at mental health. When I was checking out of the office and stuff, a guy comes to the window talking about how his wife doesn't want to come in until she goes into a room. Then the lady at the desk hands him one of those bags you get sick in.
    Well, sure enough here comes the lady, WITH A BUCKET. She is holding a bucket with her, incase she gets sick. I got so scared I quickly went to the other side of the office and out the opposite door. I am so scared that I will get sick from that. I mean, she didn't get sick when I was there but still.
    Man, I could really use some encouragement today :-(
    Most of the when someone is sick like that, they stay at home because nearly all stomach viruses are so short lived (24 - 48 hours) that there is no point. If she had a stomach virus she would have been layed up in bed for 24 hours, then if she felt better it would be a stomach virus, however if she felt worse, it something else.

I was exposed to a lady who was v* when I came out of the subway the other day, and I didn't get sick. So I am pretty sure you were not, in any way, at risk of being exposed if she wasn't sick while you saw her. But I totally hear you about how worrisome those situations can be.

Most doctors offices do not want you to come in if you have noro as A) it is way too contagious, and B) there's nothing they can do for you. They usually just tell you to go to ER. Anyway, I think you'll be ok - she was probably nauseous from something else as others have said - vertigo, migraine, meds - so many reasons....