Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thumbs up Something POSITIVE for you to read :)

I've had a few major steps forward over these last few weeks that I'm really proud of and would like to share with y'all. The first one being that a couple of weekends ago I went to Chicago to visit my boyrfriend's family. I was super nervous and scared before leaving because of obvious reasons AND because his mom had just had sv* and had been taking care of her grandchild who also had it. But I made it through. I stayed in a house with only 2 bathrooms and 8 people being there (including kids), I ate out for the first time in months, and I actually enjoyed myself. I'll be honest and say I waited to write about this accomplishment due to the fear of jinxing myself...but overall it was a success! And I was proud of myself for not ruining the weekend for my bf and everyone else.
    Also, last weekend I went out to eat again and at first I did freak a bit, but again I made it through. Anddddd I'm going out to eat again tonight with some friends (so I HAVE to act "normal").
    I'm still struggling all of the time with this, but I have forces myself to take some steps to try and go back to normal.
    It is possible! And I'm excited to make more progress!
    "Be in love with your life."
    There's too much beauty and joy in the world to miss. My emetophobia WILL NOT win. This too shall pass.

Default Re: Something POSITIVE for you to read :)

Well done you should be so proud of yourself x
    you can't start the next chapter of your life if you keep re reading the last one
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Well done!! Xx
    Jon Miazma Watsky forever <3

Good for you, see, you CAN do it! x

Well done! It's so awesome to read some positive things on here! Congratulations!!
    Come visit my history blog:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

love reading posts like this.......well done and looks like a bright future
    how i feel about emet

I'm so proud of you!!! I haven't eaten out in years and I keep dreaming that I will. a sub at subway and just a few bites or Lebanese food and I'll just have one spoon of hummus. I'm trying to do it soon. maybe you'll inspire me!!

Yes mdgirl1977!!!! Do it!!! It's so worth it!!! I'm at home for the weekend visiting my mom and I've eaten out twice today and got a smoothie from a restaurant. It was sooooo yummy! I missed eating out so much. You can definitely do it. Start out small and simple (I started with a bowl of pasta) and slowly, at your own pace, work your way up. I hope you are able to do it!

It took me years to eat out and once I did, I realized it was indeed so worth it. I missed out on much great food by not going out to eat for so long, not enjoying lunch with my grandmother or parents or cookouts or restaurants. As Naee said, just start slow, with your safe foods. That's what I did before I moved to more 'risky' foods, but there's not a rush. I still am wary of salads in restaurants, but outside of that, I'll eat most things I am able to eat...have issues with some foods due to intolerance and allergies. Good luck to you mdgirl, you can do it.

And of course, love positive stuff to read too...and so, so glad to hear you improving. We will fight this phobia until it dies.
    "And though she be but little, she is fierce"~Helena, A Midsummer Night's Dream

It's interesting, my only vice stronger than emetophobia is my laziness. I wish I could say I didn't eat out. I'd be so much healthier and not waste so much money! But of course, I would say 50 percent of my meals come from a restaurant or deli or something. I guess that's common in New York City, but jeez, I should do better.

Quote Originally Posted by mdgirl1977 View Post
    I'm so proud of you!!! I haven't eaten out in years and I keep dreaming that I will. a sub at subway and just a few bites or Lebanese food and I'll just have one spoon of hummus. I'm trying to do it soon. maybe you'll inspire me!!
    Do it! Eating out isn't really risky. Think of all the lovely things, like samosa, butter chicken, general tao chicken, ramen, etc.. I eat out all the time, several times a week, and I don't get sick. So it is safe Stick to fried/cooked foods that people don't touch after cooking, if you're still worried, they're more likely to be safe!