Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

Default Re: Weird bowel stuff. Help!

Nah, I don't need to save my Zofran. I have a prescription for my stomach issues. I had my gallbladder removed when I was 12 years old, which caused a plethora of GI issues (bile reflux, GERD, gastritis, IBS-C - which I am now starting to think is turning into IBS-Alternating, non-ulcer dyspepsia, slow digestion, irritation of pretty much my entire GI system, etc.) and thus have been prescribed Zofran since the tender young age of 13, after my second endoscopy! I receive 120 8mg dissolvable Zofran per month. I am also prescribed Prevacid 30mg 2x a day, Xanax .5mg 4x a day, Adderall 10mg 2x a day (which I rarely take, I have a history of disordered eating and it affects my appetite which screws with my mental state), andddd that's about it. So, I can use Zofran when I want. I don't really understand the focus of using something I am prescribed when I feel it necessary. Zofran has off-label uses for cramping AND diarrhea. Not a big deal. Immodium constipates you just as bad as Zofran does, if not worse.

Also, what I had wasn't typical diarrhea, which is why I came to this board for support. :P It was weird. Actually, now that yesterday is over and everything is back to normal, it wouldn't be classified as diarrhea - due to there only being two actual episodes of looser-than-normal bowel movements, typical diarrhea diagnosis is 3+.

Anywho, thanks all who responded.
    “Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation.”-Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by DUHmanda View Post
    Nah, I don't need to save my Zofran. I have a prescription for my stomach issues. I had my gallbladder removed when I was 12 years old, which caused a plethora of GI issues (bile reflux, GERD, gastritis, IBS-C - which I am now starting to think is turning into IBS-Alternating, non-ulcer dyspepsia, slow digestion, irritation of pretty much my entire GI system, etc.) and thus have been prescribed Zofran since the tender young age of 13, after my second endoscopy! I receive 120 8mg dissolvable Zofran per month. I am also prescribed Prevacid 30mg 2x a day, Xanax .5mg 4x a day, Adderall 10mg 2x a day (which I rarely take, I have a history of disordered eating and it affects my appetite which screws with my mental state), andddd that's about it. So, I can use Zofran when I want. I don't really understand the focus of using something I am prescribed when I feel it necessary. Zofran has off-label uses for cramping AND diarrhea. Not a big deal. Immodium constipates you just as bad as Zofran does, if not worse.

Also, what I had wasn't typical diarrhea, which is why I came to this board for support. :P It was weird. Actually, now that yesterday is over and everything is back to normal, it wouldn't be classified as diarrhea - due to there only being two actual episodes of looser-than-normal bowel movements, typical diarrhea diagnosis is 3+.

Anywho, thanks all who responded.
    Just a bit of advice, if you are looking to stop the d* with your zofran, you might be overshooting by causing too much constipation and starting the cycle of "constipation, too much pressure, cramps, slight d* and mucus in stools, take zofran, constipate again". In a case like that, maybe you could try drinking some gastrolyte (prepared in the right proportions) as it can cause the intestines to calm down and absorb just enough water to stop the d*. You could talk to you doctor about that, to see if it's safe to do so with your current medication regimen. It's what I use when I get d* and it usually sorts things up within an hour or so, without blocking things up either.

Quote Originally Posted by AoD View Post
    Just a bit of advice, if you are looking to stop the d* with your zofran, you might be overshooting by causing too much constipation and starting the cycle of "constipation, too much pressure, cramps, slight d* and mucus in stools, take zofran, constipate again". In a case like that, maybe you could try drinking some gastrolyte (prepared in the right proportions) as it can cause the intestines to calm down and absorb just enough water to stop the d*. You could talk to you doctor about that, to see if it's safe to do so with your current medication regimen. It's what I use when I get d* and it usually sorts things up within an hour or so, without blocking things up either.
    Off-label use. You can use it to stop d*, from my GI's mouth.

Also, did you see where I had issues with IBS-C prior to receiving a prescription for Zofran?

I have suffered with this since I was 12 years old. I wasn't asking for advice on my medications, was asking what it sounded like. I am not used to d* unless I am on my period.

I am assuming all of these weird comments about my Zofran is due to the other thread. If that's the case, don't post on my threads or msg me. I hate to be blunt, but I've already repeated this time and time again. I am prescribed Zofran, have been prior to emet, and I support all emets in obtaining a prescription for a completely safe, anti-emetic, if that is what they want to do.

And obviously, I have discussed d* with my DR, since I knew to use Zofran to combat it and cramps...

Signing off

-A
    “Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation.”-Oscar Wilde