Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Still panicking and barely really eating.....

I hope I don't trigger anything with this post. I just joined sometime last week, for obvious reasons. My family came down with the SV* earlier this last week. Little bro had it Monday and mom had it Wednesday. I, however, have not gotten sick at all. I have been feeling fine since my brother first got sick. I have been washing my hands constantly, bleaching the door knobs, my bathroom(even though he wasn't actively sick there but he uses it to do number 1), the kitchen, etc. My mom is pretty frustrated with all the bleaching I have been doing and has told me to stop. I am kind of upset because I feel as though they are being cavalier about how I feel about this. I was exposed maybe once or twice. I ate a piece of candy my little brother gave but he only touched the wrapper, and so did I, but I washed my hands immediately after. We all have 4 diff bathrooms, and we use them all separately. It's been a full week since my little brother was sick but he may still be contagious and bringing it home because I think he caught it from school. I am very nervous and I think about this all day every day.

I am not even eating like I used to because I am so scared. My bro made a comment that I look as though I have lost weight. Part of me feels like I am not going to catch it but I have heard of cases of people catching it 2 weeks later. Before anyone got sick I was completely fine, but now I am always in panic mode. Every little thing I do, I think "Oh man, the virus is on me." or "I need to wash all of my clothes." I don't know whether this was noro or not. I still don't know what kind of virus it was. It didn't last long as they both recovered in a few hours and could eat whatever they wanted without feeling sick. Would you say I am in the clear or not? I'm sorry if I trigger anything!!! I just need a little reassurance. I have been midly emetophobic since I was like 12-13. When I get sick as a child I would v* a lot with little d* but as I got older I have only had d*. The last time I was sick with V* was when I was 13. I haven't been sick since.

Default Re: Still panicking and barely really eating.....

I must add my little brother is 11. He had v* and d* and so did my mother. They cleaned the bathroom after they were sick. My mother's boyfriend has been over here all weekend last weekend and even ate here. He hasn't gotten sick at all. He even used the restroom they were sick in. So am I in the clear?

Default Re: Still panicking and barely really eating.....

I think you're in the clear. It's great you can use a separate bathroom. Bleach all the knobs in the house that are common - ie. front door etc. as well as kitchen faucet handle, light switches. if you get all the things that everyone touches, i think you're clear… good luck!