Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hello again everyone.

I went to see my doctor. I was given some tablets. CLOMIPRAMINE. I have had them for 2 days but can't bring myself to take them in case they make me feel s*. Can anyone please let me know if they have been on these tablets and if they made you feel s*. I can't really take them until I know. I know that tablets effect people differently but I need to know if anyone has felt s* on them.

In March 2004 I gave birth to my son at 24 weeks. He was only 1lb 6oz and passed away aged 3 days old. I was given some tablets to help me get through that tough time but the first one I took made me feel EXTREAMLY S*.

Now I have these tablets I can't take them but I want to as I am dreading being here on my own with my son.

I agree with you all that I most probably have post natal depression and my gateway worker also feels that the death of my son and a difficult relationship with my partner are all adding to my phobia.

All I know is that this phobia is getting the best of me.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF ANYONE HAS HAD THESE TABLETS.

THANKS AGAIN

KAREN

XXX

I haven't taken them, but believe it or not, my dog has been on Clomipramine for about 2 years. He takes it for separation anxiety, and will only get sick if he doesn't get food with the pills, so make sure you take them with a meal, but then I don't know if dog side effects and people side effects will be the same. I don't know if this has helped at all.... but you really should just take the medication. It will help you.
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

Hey Karen, I don't blame you for being hesitant. I was looking up this kind of med and I would be feeling the same way as you. The site that I was on is
    http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/d...dmaster/a69700 2.html

If the medication helps than maybe you should take it.

I have never taken clomipramine, but I do know that it will helpyou, so i would take it. If you follow the instructions (taking it with food) then you should be fine. Also, most side affects are just on there as a precaution...just in case they happen, the company won't be sued. I say, if it's going to help you, just follow the instructions and take it. With food. You'll be fine!

<3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

New medication can make some people feel a little queasy, the anti-depressants I'm on made me feel this way when I first took them. But they don't cause enough to actually cause v*ing or anywhere near that and the queasy feeling does pass after a week or so as your body starts to get used to the meds. Please take your medication as I assure you they will not make you v* (these anti-depressants may not even causeany queasinessat all - I've tried others before the ones I'm on now that didn't cause it), but they will help you to cope so much better with things, easing your anxiety and depression levels.

I'm so sorry tohear about your baby son, I agree with your gateway worker this and other problems are all adding up to overwhelm you right now. Please take the tablets you have been prescribed, they will help.

Take care.

Tracey x
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb