Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Struggling. Advice

How can you tell if you're S? I'm a complete mess right now. We went out of town Friday and came home late Saturday night. We went to some museums, the beach, the pier, and a circus. I know we washed our hands when we could but we couldn't all the time. My husband went to lunch with a friend today and got me a vegetarian burrito. It probably sat out an hour. I typically wouldn't eat it but I was hungry and it was my dinner. I figured it would be ok since it was just veggies, beans and rice. I picked out as many onions and peppers as I could because they give me gas. But now I'm in bed freaking out cuz my belly hurts. I keep thinking it's not the burrito and I caught a bug. I can't stop stressing over the trip. With so many people posting on FB about being S just adds to my anxiety.

Default Re: Struggling. Advice

Hi dear, how are you feeling now?

I've made myself feel symptoms like this before. I had takeaway a few weeks ago and was so sure I would get s*. I made myself feel s* and other symptoms.

My belly still hurts. I can feel the gas moving around. Still freaking out and scared to take an anxiety pill because I'm too scared to fall asleep right now. Plus my son I think woke up with a cold today and he fell asleep much earlier than usual which is making me more nervous because he sleeps next to me. I keep thinking if he caught a cold what else? OMG I hate this. I know my anxiety is making me feel worse. I enjoy being away from home but I'm always a stress case for 2 weeks at least. I start to freak out the day before we go then I stress the whole time were away and then when we come back. I am seriously terrified I got a SV right now.

If you think you need the pill, I would take it. Sv symptoms don't tend to linger. Once you begin feeling sick there usually isn't much time. Maybe something you've eaten just doesn't agree with you? I know if I eat lettuce I feel this way.
    I really hope you feel better dear. I am certain this is just anxiety