Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

HELP !!!

I HAVE BEEN GIVEN CLOMIPRAMINE CAPSULES TO TAKE UNTIL I CAN GET THERAPY FOR MY EMET PHOBIA.I HAVE BEEN SO BAD THATIPACKED SOME BAGSTO LEAVE WHEN MY 3 YEAR OLD SON WAS S*. I ALSO HAVE A 12 WEEK OLD DAUGHTER AND JUST WANTEDTO GO AND LEAVE THEM WITH THEIRDAD.

ONE OF THE SIDE EFFECTS OF THIS DRUG IS NAUSEA AND V*ING. I CAN'T TAKE THEM NOW AS I AM WORRIED THEY WILL MAKE ME S*.

CAN ANYONE PLEASE TELL ME IF THEY HAVE TAKEN THESE OR IF THEY KNOW ABOUT THESE AND IF THEY WILL BE OKAY FOR ME TO TAKE.

PLEASE LET ME KNOW. I NEED TO TAKE THEM NOW AS I AM ON MY OWN WITH MY SON ON FRIDAY AND SATURDAY NIGHTS AND I FIND THEM SO HARD INCASE HE FEELS S*.

THANKS

KAREN

hey karen, i dont know from experience, but i know that most drugs have side effects of n* and v*. but, they put that there as a precaution, becayse maybe 1 out of all the people they tested got sick. it doesnt mean it happens, it just means that it happened to somoen who used the drugs once. i know i should take my own advice, but chances are youw ont get sick. especially if youve taken meds before and havent gotten sick.

drug companies use these side effects as soemthing to save their own asses. dont worry about it. if it will help, take it!
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching.

Yes, they put this as a side-effect of almost every drug in the world. Even anti-emetics! Don't worry. Emets don't get sick from anything anyway, much less a drug. It's just some legal thing they have to report cuz some idiots barf up every drug they take as a matter of routine, and they get recorded in the research.

I assume the drug is prescribed for anti-anxiety. That means it will very quickly make you feel LESS sick. I suggest you take it with an anti-emetic, simply for the sake of making yourself calm. Let your doctor know your fear, and work it out with him or her.
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks Bex and Sage.

Your words of wisdom are comforting.

I took one at 8.15 pm last night and at 3.30am this morning I had d*. Don't know if this is due to the pill. As it didn't make me feel S* I am trying another one tonight. If it does the same again I won't take anymore and I will see the doctor again.

Yes Sage, this is for Anxiety. I don't know if you read my other posts from last Monday but my son V* again. I had my bags packed. I cried all night and spent 2 hours on the phone to the Samaritans. My gateway worker thinks I have postnatel depression too (my daughter is 12 weeks old) and that I havn't got over the death of my 3 day old son last year. (he was born at 24 weeks.) I really am not coping at all at the moment. My baby cries all the time and my 3 year old son screams and demands all the time. I just want to walk out and get away from it all. If I'm not with children I won't have to face the prospect of them v* again.

It's Friday night and I am here on my own. My partner works on Friday and Saturday nights. I have trouble eating on these days as I am so worried about being here on my own. If my son V* I have to deal with it alone and I can't do that. I'm so scared. I can't sleep either. My son comes into our bed everynight. When he does I get out and go into his bed or go downstairs. Since he v* a month ago I can't share the bed with him. Everytime he moves or makes a noise I think he is waking as he feels S*. I know writing this I sound silly and it seems irrational but that is just the way it is. I'm not coping at all. I am on a waiting list to see a psycologist (cant spell that!) All I know is that its got to change soon as I cant go on like this much longer. I will just get my things and go.

I'm desperate now.

Thanks for reading

Karen

xxx

Pookey30,

Sweetie, I am so sad for you. What you are going through goes way beyond emetophobia. The fact that you lost a child last year is huge.Getting pregnant and having a child so soon after such a horrific loss adds to the hormone disarray that your body is experiencing.Please contact your gynecologist and havefull blood work done. Your thyroid my be malfunctioning, which is extremely common after loss and pregnancy independently of each other.You have experienced both in a very small window of time.You also have the demands of a three year old and an infant.Thats not easy under thebest of circumstances.

Additionally you aregreiving the loss of your baby. This loss is emotional, spiritual andphysical. You needto grieve properly or else you will have tremendous anxiety. I know this from being a grief counselor for seven years. What your are experiencing isvery very normal.

First rule out physical possibilities for your anxiety and then find agrief counselor. This new baby, while wonderful and loving, is not a replacement for the one lost. You must grievethe loss.

I am here whenever you want to chat.

Stella

Thanks for your kind words Stella,

I know that my new baby isn't a replacement for Joseph. That is why I was very happy that my new baby is a girl (Amy). Nothing will replace Joseph.

Yes, I am having a very tough time. Sometimes I just wish that I could have one night on my own. When I sleep I always listen out for them. I never get into a deep sleep. Then, in the morning, my son dictates when I get up. I know that this is nothing different to what other parents have to put up with but I really feel I need a break. Now my life long phobia is out of hand and I just cannot cope now. As I said above, I cannot sleep in my own bed now when my son is in there for fear of my son V*ing. It's11.35 pm here now. He went into our room about 15minutes ago. Now I cant go in there at all now. I will have togo strait to his bed. I cant even share the bed with my partner now. I know everyone will wonder why I dont just stop him from coming in to our bed but I will haveto be up all night putting him back to bed andlisten to him scream all night. I cant cope with that. The best solution is his bed. If I didnt have my Emet phobia I would be okay.

Well, going now. Really tired. Need to sleep. I feel worsewhen I amtired.

Thanks againfor chatting and take care

Karen

xxx