Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

i saw sick [img]smileys/smilies_03.gif[/img]but it didnt affect me one bit.... i just thought it was a bit yucky!

I was with loadsa ppl, it was so funny though, cos the police came in a big riot van, and we absolutly legged it, i've never ran so fast in me life! haha I werent drinkin' though... [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

But yup....... i saw this lad being sick, but i actualy felt sorry for him!

But i don't think i'm cured of my phobia..... [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]i still hate being sick [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

That's awesome! I think I'd have gone into panic mode after seeing someone get sick. In fact... I don't think there's ever been a time I've seen someone get sick when I haven't panicked, even on TV! Well, except maybe on South Park, that doesn't really make me panic, but it still makes me cringe a bit.

Are you the type of emet that fears yourself getting sick more than others? I think I'm the other kind. Though I do fear myself getting sick, I'm usually more worried about someone around me v*ing, especially when there are people drinking [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img] Then the full-fledged panic sets in.

<Zachary>
    <center><font face=\"Times New Roman, Times, serif\"><font size=\"2\">Bach gave us God\'s word,
    Mozart gave us God\'s laughter,
    Beethoven gave us God\'s fire,
    God gave us music that we may pray without words.
    </center></font></font>

wow thats amazing! well done louise!!! Going out and seeing drunken people v* is always good exposure therapy!![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]Its great that you didnt let panic take over atal! That is a huge step. well done [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

yeh, i think i'm more scared of being sick, than seeing others being sick....

i knew that they were only sick because of drink, so i wasnt too bothered! and because there were lots of people there, i cud just kinda hide away from it all. lol

and i never smelt or heard the sick... so ya know [img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]

Its a major triumph!! Try not to make excuses for being able to cope with it cause you coped with so much and you really should praise urself for it!!! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

aww thx izzy! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

i think exposure therapy really does work, but it takes a while to have an effect!

i still don't like drinking, just incase.... but it was so funny last night, everyone was drunk, feeling sick etc. and then a riot van came, and everyone just legged it, it was so funny! it was like running a marathon with the amount of ppl there! and u no how much i hate excersise [img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]

lol. That must of been scarry! lol But I would certainly run as fast as possible if that had happened to me!!

I think exposure therapy is good in some ways. I dont like the idea of v* videos or exposure websites, but in day to day life especially when its unexpected I think it can really help.

Good for you, Louise!!! I don't know if I could've handled that...I'm the sort of emet who fears other people being sick instead of me. Although, I still don't like to do it!
    No life is wasted; the only time we waste is the time we spend thinking we are alone.

I started with a fear of others and that is still the more dominant fear but I fear myself aswel, but not as badly

i deffinatly fear myself being sick, more than i do others! unless i can smell or hear others being sick.... ewwwwwww [img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]

Do you fear others being sick becasue you might cathch there bug or that you might v* or just because You dont like it?

i think its jsut cos i dont like it!! but i hate it even more if i know its sumthing i can catch!!

Louise,

I just wanted to compliment you on not being upset at what you saw!!! Had I seen it, I would've reacted totally different from how you did! Good job!!

I also wanted to say that I am both ways. I fear myself being sickand I fear others being sick as well. I thought the fear of myself being sick was bigger than the fear of others, but lately, they seem to be equal.

Anyway, good for you!!
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!
    The Only Thing We Have To Fear Is Fear Itself- Franklin Delano Roosevelt

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.