Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default stupid anxiety someone help

ok so I went to bed last night at about 9:00 and then woke up (rather fast) in a panic about 10:00 I stood up fast and was walking around and then called my mum from upstairs to come sit with me, she explained that it was just anxiety and an adrenaline rush from getting up to quick so after about an hour I went back to sleep but then woke up at about half three (no nausea) and just couldn't sleep then I awoke at 5:00 and I'm terrified, I don't want to go into school just incase I do have something my stomach feels sore and I can't stop fidgeting because of the anxiety I'm just so scared, I keep telling myself that if I had anything I most likely would have been sick by now but it's not sinking in someone please help x

Default Re: stupid anxiety someone help

This happens to me about once every two months. If you look up nocturnal anxiety attacks it explains it. They always happen to me an hour after I have gone to sleep too. It was a panic attack trust me on this. I have noticed a lot of the time they happen when I'm over tired. If I were you I would go to school because it will be a distraction to get your mind off the anxiety and not make it worse. I find if I just sit around athe symptoms get worse. If I'm busy I feel better, that's just me though. I don't think your sick I think it is anxiety for sure.

How are you feeling now dear?

Yes! I get the same thing sometimes.
    When I was little I woke with a sv* and v*ed without warning. Ever since, even over ten years later every time I wake unexpectedly I flash back to that time. Even if I don't feel s* when I wake, I still freak out and think I'm going to v* ("why else would I wake up?")

I can tell you now, if you were actually s* you would have v*ed long before now. Us emetophobes generally (and only if we will ourselves very, very strongly) can hold in the v*. When I had noro a year ago, I didn't v* for hours. I panicked, cried, drank water and powerade, cried some more, and then eventually my noro'd body just said go to sleep. So I did, and an hour later, once I had relaxed in sleep, I woke up and v*ed. So I can assure you if it was going to happen, it would have happened by now dear!

Try get some sleep or do something to distract yourself

Remember, by avoiding things you let the fear get worse. I can tell you first hand. I used to feel the same way. Too scared to go to school the next day, so I'd fake a sickie. Got very good at it too, which has helped my acting haha. But one day I said, you know what anxiety? I need to go to school. So I did. And I was fine. Anxious, but fine! Once you get with your friends, I find it a lot easier to control my anxiety. The next time I felt the same way, I had to remind myself about he last time. Eventually it gets to the point where you can go to school despite the fear.
    It's hard to get yourself to go to school. But it's worth it (even if it is school!)
    Please visit my progress blog:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Wanting to help others. Please spread the word!

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
    "To thine self be true, then it must follow, as the night the day, that thou canst not then be false to any man."
    "The empty vessel makes the loudest sound."
    - William Shakespeare

ugh I feel so much better after reading both your replies I'm gonna go to school because my friend said she'd drive me which takes some pressure off thank you both so much by the way how did you cope when you v*d with the noro a year ago???