Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Feeling Sick and am Kinda Freaking Out

Well, I posted this in my last one but I'll repost it in shorter form.
    I used the toilets at a school the other day when I was on an excursion, but didn't use soap (there was none) and only washed my hands for a few seconds as I was under pressure.
    Then I went and ate lunch. I had a sausage roll, but I was virtually eating it with my hands because there was lots of breathing holes in the plastic covering.

That was maybe 30hrs ago?

Now I'm feeling n* and I don't know if it's me or anxiety. My stomach feels kind of strange, but I haven't had normal bm's for ages so that could be why. I also feel kind of tired, but again, could be from lack of sleep.
    I'm so scared I got a sv* or noro from those toilets. It was an all ages school with about 1000 students, so it's really possible

I'm so scared!

I have four tablets of 4mg Ondansetron, but they got left in a hot car for two hours (in my insulated but still warm lunch box) ages ago and I'm terrified if I need them they won't work
    Please visit my progress blog:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Wanting to help others. Please spread the word!

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
    "To thine self be true, then it must follow, as the night the day, that thou canst not then be false to any man."
    "The empty vessel makes the loudest sound."
    - William Shakespeare

Default Re: Feeling Sick and am Kinda Freaking Out

I think it's stress. you are so long ago and while soap is helpful, it's really the hot water that washes away the germs. it's unlikely you caught anything.

ate* not are. stupid phone.

Quote Originally Posted by mdgirl1977 View Post
    I think it's stress. you are so long ago and while soap is helpful, it's really the hot water that washes away the germs. it's unlikely you caught anything.
    I know you want to be reassuring, but the soap is very important as it allows the virus to detach from the skin so it can be washed off. Otherwise viruses stick to the skin very well. Friction plays a part, but soap really does help. Also, hot or cold water doesn't make much of a difference really, it'll never get hot enough to kill the viruses (not without scalding skin) and at best warmer water will help wash off the soap.