Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default When is "the season" typically done?

I thought our old buddy Norovirus had fallen under the radar, but I've recently read two articles about how its popping up all over the place. Naturally this makes me nervous. I was under the impression it generally shows itself the door around March as the weather gets nicer. I know it can pop up any old time of the year but generally hung around more in the September-March time frame. When does it peak?

Default Re: When is "the season" typically done?

I think I read somewhere that the peak month for norovirus is January, but, like you said, it's always around, just more prevalent during the stay-in months. =)

It's times like that- when I remember that it is always around that make my heart sink. I gotta get over this!!!

Don't worry too much - stay up on your hygiene and don't hang around people who are actively throwing up and you're totally okay!

Aaaand, always remember that if you were in the unlikely situation to get sick, you'd be a-okay and we would all be here cheering for you! =)

I need to get over this phobia, too. I totally understand the feeling!

It's not so much me- it's other people- my husband and my children!

January is the peak of the season, but there are spikes in August as well. I think, personally, that the season ends in the second week of April. That's my feeling, so don't take it seriously haha!

Around end of March April time. That's when spring starts

I saw a graph on the norovirus page on Wikipedia (which obviously is a starting place for research, not the gospel truth) and it showed high norovirus incidence in Dec, Jan, Feb and taering off in March and April. You cn look for yourselves but I caution you to stay away if this page might be triggering. I also am not sure how this pertains to our friends in the southern hemisphere where the cold and warm seasons are flipped. Maybe Mamafear r Kaydeejayde could tell us something about that.

jkl is right lol. Try not to think about it too much as it can lead to discomforting thoughts... especially when the year eventually recycles to this time again.

As soon as kids get out of school it goes away for a while. When children are in school they are passing it around. Once they start in the fall it starts to creep up, peaks in Jan. (when the majority are catching it), starts to go down in the Spring (when most of the kids have already been exposed) and then when they are out for summer and not passing it around it goes down. Of course there are camps and such to continue the spread but it's not NEARLY as bad or concerning. There aren't nearly the amount of large groups of children in the summer as there are during the school year, so that's the reasoning for the drop in the warm months.