Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: FREAKING out

Default FREAKING out

after being paranoid and cooped up in my room for a few months, I finally got up the courage to go out. My boyfriend and i are spending the night in NYC. I was feeling great all night! we got dinner around 530 (he got a burger) then we went to the bar and he had like 4 beers (IPA's which he normally doesn't have) and 2 shots. Ive seen him drunk and he was not drunk, we got back to the room around 12 and went to sleep and he woke up around 230 and threw up. what?! he wasn't even drunk. he said it was the burger….but we ate at like 5…so I'm FREAKING out and i don't know what to do. its been a half hour and he hasn't thrown up again so I'm hoping he was right and it was the burger, but of course all I'm thinking about is sv*.

Default Re: FREAKING out

It really could have been the burger. If he threw up once and was fine, it sounds like food. maybe it was undercooked or something. Was it from a nice place or a fast food joint? Not that it matters, but just curious. How long has it been? He also had beer AND shots and that isn't good layered on a burger belly. I do not think he is sick at all. I think he over ate and drank on a full belly and it just didn't agree with him. It also sounds like he laid down to sleep on that full belly, never a good idea. I do not think you have to worry, seriously. esp if he isn't feverish or n or anything else.

It sounds like he mixed drinks which is never a good idea. "Beer before liquor, never been sicker, liquor before beer, you're in the clear."
    M I D N I G H T

You don't have to be drunk in order for liquor to make you v and as staystrong mentioned, he mixed the two which is rarely a good idea. Either way, if he only v once it doesn't sound like he's sick. My guess is that it's either the burger or the liquor but either way, I bet he's fine and you'll be okay.

That much beer can easily make someone feel queasy even if they're not drunk. Alcohol is pretty irritating to the stomach, after all. Also, like everyone else said, if he only v* once it doesn't sound like a viral illness, it's most likely either food poisoning or the booze didn't sit well with him. IPAs have a lot more hops than regular beer, maybe that's what made him ill.

Thanks everyone, he did only v* the one time so that was good, although i was up until 6am bugging out about it. It was just bizarre because I've seen him get sick from drinking and thats when he has like 8 beers so it was weird that he had like 3 and threw up, thats why i was worried. Thanks for the support.

It was probably just the beer my bf had a large glass of a dark heavy beer when we went out one night, he deffinetly wasn't drunk, we then went bowling and came home and an hour or so later he v* twice. It just didn't sit well, I'm sure that was it. I'm sorry it happened on your vacation.

This happened with my boyfriend last year. We went out and had drinks, then a nice dinner, then drinks at another place. He got sick around 1 am and was fine the next morning. We decided it was the heavy food he ate for dinner, along with drinking dark/heavy beer. It was just too much for his stomach to handle. (I freaked out when he got sick though! I made him sip water and take his temperature about 10 times after it happened.)