Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default I took all the precautions, right?

Okay, so I'm probably being irrational, but here's what happened to me today:

I made a quick sales call to one of my customers- a restaurant. The managers son was there. She said that school was "cancelled" but of course I start worrying that he was sick or something. I didn't shake hands, touch anyone or any surfaces. I used zylast once I got into my car. Even if the child WAS sick, I covered all my bases, right? I get so paranoid about germs sometimes, especially when younger kids are around. (I'm an only child and I never babysat, so I never realized how many germs children can pick up until my friends/co-workers started having their own.)

Default Re: I took all the precautions, right?

Even if he was sick and you didn't use the zylast or even touched surfaces, I think you'd be just fine. In any case, I doubt your customer would bring her sick son to her restaurant! Most restaurants are extremely strict on that kind of thing because norovirus causes so many outbreaks of food poisoning.

I'm sure everything is just fine, you've nothing at all to worry about.

Totally agree - no idea why school was closed. Maybe it was a professionals day or that bs they do for teachers to train...or weather...or school had no heat...or a myriad of other reasons. I doubt she would ever bring a sick kid to school to infect the entire place. you are 100% fine.

Thanks, I just needed someone to confirm what I already knew....when I get anxious about something, I tend to fixate on it until I get some outside reassurance!