Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Prevacid

For those of you that take this daily, or have taken it before (or if you just know) what are some of the side affects? I am currently on this med, and I have been taking it like Im supposed to, and the pain that I have when I wake up is gone, every now and then I may feel a little burning in the back of my throat, but thats all. I jsut want to know what side affects it can have.

<TABLE>
    <T>
    <TR>
    <TD>
    <H2>What are the possible side effects of Prevacid?</H2></TD></TR></T></TABLE>
    <TABLE>
    <T>
    <TR>
    <TD align=middle width=1></TD>
    <TD vAlign=top>• </TD>
    <TD>Serious side effects from Prevacid are not common. Stop taking Prevacid and seek emergency medical attention if you experience an allergic reaction (difficulty breathing; closing of the throat; swelling of the lips, tongue, or face; or hives).</TD></TR></T></TABLE>
    <TABLE>
    <T>
    <TR>
    <TD vAlign=top>• </TD>
    <TD>Other, less serious side effects may be more likely to occur. Continue to take Prevacid and talk to your doctor if you experience</TD></TR></T></TABLE>
    <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0>
    <T>
    <TR>
    <TD align=middle width=40></TD>
    <TD vAlign=top>·</TD>
    <TD>diarrhea, nausea, or abdominal pain;</TD></TR></T></TABLE>
    <T>
    <TR>
    <TD vAlign=top>·</TD>
    <TD>dizziness; or</TD></TR></T></TABLE>
    <T>
    <TR>
    <TD vAlign=top>·</TD>
    <TD>headache.</TD></TR></T></TABLE>
    <TABLE>
    <T>
    <TR>
    <TD vAlign=top>• </TD>
    <TD>Side effects other than those listed here may also occur. Talk to your doctor about any side effect that seems unusual or that is especially bothersome.</TD></TR></T></TABLE>

<TABLE>
    <T>
    <TR>
    <TD>
    <H2>What other drugs will affect Prevacid?</H2></TD></TR></T></TABLE>
    <TABLE>
    <T>
    <TR>
    <TD vAlign=top>• </TD>
    <TD>Sucralfate (Carafate), which is also used to treat stomach conditions, will decrease the amount of Prevacid that is absorbed through the stomach. Prevacid should be taken at least 30 minutes before sucralfate to prevent an interaction.</TD></TR></T></TABLE>
    <TABLE>
    <T>
    <TR>
    <TD vAlign=top>• </TD>
    <TD>Some other medications such as ketoconazole (Nizoral), ampicillin (Omnipen, Principen), digoxin (Lanoxin, Lanoxicaps), and iron (Feosol, Mol-Iron, Fergon, Femiron) may have decreased effects because Prevacid hinders their absorption from the stomach. Tell your doctor if you are taking any of these medications.</TD></TR></T></TABLE>
    <TABLE>
    <T>
    <TR>
    <TD vAlign=top>• </TD>
    <TD>Drugs other than those listed here may also interact with Prevacid. Talk to your doctor and pharmacist before taking any prescription or over-the-counter medicines, including herbal products.</TD></TR></T></TABLE>

SOURCE: http://www.drugs.com/prevacid.html
    Friendship is like pee in your pants.... everyone can see it.... but only YOU can feel it\'s true warmth...

I honestly can't remember all of the side effects, but I have taken it daily for 2 years now and it has worked wonders for me. I have never experienced any side effects from it. I used to take it twice a day, but now I only take it once.

Jess

Huh, I never knew you could take it twice a day. I was mainly wondering about the diarrhea and the abdominal pain. I wonder if I continue to take it, if my body will get used to it and these symptoms disappear?

Hmmm... I don't know, but it's definitely something you should speak to your doctor about... sounds like your having a rough time
    Friendship is like pee in your pants.... everyone can see it.... but only YOU can feel it\'s true warmth...

Leigh the only side effect that I had was diarrhea, it didn;t last long and then I was fine. The medication works great.

When my husband was on it, the only side effect he had was d*. It was not very bad though, never stoppe dhim from doing anything. ANd it went away pretty quickly.