Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

Today when I was picking up my children at school, I noticed that one of the little boys in my youngest daughters class was already gone, as one of the other little girls. So I asked my daughters teacher where they were. She said that the little girl had already been picked up, BUT that the little boy wasnt there at all today because he started running fever last night and threw up in his bed last night. I know that v'ing and a fever can mean alot of different things. I am worried because he was at school yesterday. He doesnt sit at my daughters table though. I am trying not to worry too much about this, but when my youngest daughter was so sick last Nov. she wasnt around my niece when she was sick, and I am pretty sure thats who she did get it from. My children have fall break next week, and I was looking forward to enjoying the time off with them. I sure hope this doesnt ruin that.

The teacher had cleaned the classroom throughly. I could still the bleach and the Lysol. The teacher said she doesnt think we should have ton worry about the others getting it, because he wasnt at school while he was feeling bad and that he wasnt feeling bad yesterday. She said he was acting like his normal self, like how he acts everyday. She said she doesnt deal well with the v* stuff either. I still wonder though if she actually has this phobia, like does she think about it everyday, or just worry about it when there is a scare ............ know what I mean?

maybe she does have this phobia... which isnt good, but coud lbe good for you sitaution. if she cleaned the classroom very good, i wouldt worry.. esp if she doesnt deal well with v*. let her deal with the kids in her class, yours will be fine
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching.

Well, its back to school today ........... My youngest two have a field trip today also. I am going with them, that way I can kinda see whats going on, know what I mean? I would be going with them anyway. Im not even going to take them to school, we are going to meet them at the field trip. I just want to get through this week without any worry, so I can enjoy the long weekend with them.

Just in case anyone cares ............. the little boy in my youngest daughters class who was out sick on Fri. because he was running fever and v'd, turns out he had a bacterial sinus infection, not a SV.

YAY! I bet you were relieved.
    \"This too shall pass\"

Wow...I was actually a bit nervous since my son just started pre-school yesterday and i am so scared of what he will get.I was holding my breath almost till I saw the sinus thing. Thanks for the update.

It is so scarey with kids, but I would never trade it for the joy you get the rest of the time. Don't get me wrong, I do think about him V*ing, and fear it, but we have such fun and the pleasure of his goofiness and idle chit chat is worth all the worry.

I'm glad all is well there. Hope fall break is fun.