Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Been feeling sick for days

Hey guys,
    I've been trying really hard not to post on here because I don't want to become dependent on things, but I really need some help and reassurance. I've been feeling incredibly nauseous for the past 3 days and it's just not going away. I'm incredibly anxious. I've had numerous panic attacks. In the car. During a test. During class. I can't stand it. I feel awful. It's to the point where I barely eat because I'm not hungry to begin with, and the nausea just makes it impossible. I don't know what's wrong with me. I had kind of a stressful situation this weekend where I found out my boyfriend of almost two years was doing some things he shouldn't be doing, but we've been working on it, I don't feel like that's the cause of the anxiety. A boy has never caused me anxiety before. I just need some help and advice to get through this. Or if you know of any remedies to ease the nausea. Pepto hasn't been working.

Default Re: Been feeling sick for days

I'm gonna say that it sounds like stress induced anxiety exacerbated by not eating and your douche boyfriend and his shenanigans. so here's what you do - get some ginger ale and chewable ginger, a box of crackers, bananas and some applesauce. you nibble in assorted snacks. you lay down on the sofa. read a magazine. it will be ok. oh and get sea bands!! drug store will have them. take nausea away ASAP. hugs.

Thank you! I was feeling better until I tried to eat some food and I just felt way too nauseous. So I'm going to try again in a bit. If it was a stomach bug I would have gotten sick by now right? Since it's been a full three days?

sv can be funny. I had one in October 2012 w just d and felt unsettled for 2 days. you prob won't v at this point. maybe you have a tiny bug w just n and general malaise but I think it's more likely anxiety. can you nibble something dry like crackers or cereal?

Yeah I started eating crackers and then once I started eating crackers I started feeling hungry, so I ate bread and cheese and I feel much much better now! I think the not eating was making me feel nauseous more than anything.
    Thank you!