Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default On high alert and needing help

My boyfriend is currently in Florida for a family reunion and just informed me that many people in the house had SV. So far he says he's been fine, but he's coming to visit me for a couple of days starting Sunday and I'm paranoid that he'll bring something with him. My heart is racing and I'm on the verge of tears with panic at just the thought of it and the "what ifs" and the lingering germs on his clothes and luggage. I know I should be excited about him visiting, and it breaks my heart to think of spending the entire time reluctantly repulsed by him. Please help!

Default Re: On high alert and needing help

Quote Originally Posted by Tbelle23 View Post
    My boyfriend is currently in Florida for a family reunion and just informed me that many people in the house had SV. So far he says he's been fine, but he's coming to visit me for a couple of days starting Sunday and I'm paranoid that he'll bring something with him. My heart is racing and I'm on the verge of tears with panic at just the thought of it and the "what ifs" and the lingering germs on his clothes and luggage. I know I should be excited about him visiting, and it breaks my heart to think of spending the entire time reluctantly repulsed by him. Please help!
    I would feel the exact same. I ask my husband constantly if anyone at work has been sick. Just tonight he told me that someone called out with the SV. Thankfully she hasn't been to work all week anyway because of a toothache. Just try to make sure he washes all of his clothing right away and clean anything with lysol that you can. Don't eat after him and don't put anything in your mouth that isn't food you prepared yourself. ((HUGS))

Default Re: On high alert and needing help

Quote Originally Posted by Tbelle23 View Post
    I know exactly how you feel! My boyfriend came home from work the other night and told me that his co-worker's daughter is sick. I freaked out about that... I was so afraid that his friend would bring it to work, and my boyfriend would bring it home. I know that is me being paranoid but it still freaked me out. Just do what Whimpurr said and you should be perfectly fine. If he is doing fine, then he probably will not even bring it with him anyways.