Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default How often do you see it?

How often do you see or experience somebody v* in real life per year?
    With me, maybe 3-6 times a year. I have bad luck with it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: How often do you see it?

Typically zero but this past school year it was at least four times so far. One time it was my friend when I was staying at her house. The next day we had to leave for our vacation together.

It's really rare. My husband and I have been together almost ten years and he's only v* four or five times total our whole relationship, and only twice was it foodborne illness related. The other three times were gallbladder attacks. Still not pleasant, but at least I knew I couldn't catch it from him. I see more dog and cat v* (which, oddly enough, never bothers me) than I do people v*. Oh! Last year I kept seeing v* in the road on a fairly regular basis in front of a house in my neighborhood when me and my husband were out running. I later realized these people partied really hard and I'm guessing their party guests would go to leave and be wasted and would v* in the street. Blech!

Now that I don't live with my sister (who will make herself sick if she even feels remotely nauseated and gets sick from migraine headaches) it's extremely rare. Before that, she would get sick about once a year.

Rarely, thanks God and I feel lucky. I live with my parents and my brother and my parents literaly never get sick. I don't know if my father was ever sick (as long as I am alive, I don't think so) and my mother too, even though she is the reason of my phobia, about ten years ago when I was 9 she was vomiting really often, I don't know why, she has some problems with her stomach but then she was fat so maybe she forced herself, who would know..so it was awfull, that sound, I have never heard something like that.) And my brother rarely vomits, last time he vomitted was at the seaside 3 y ago (then my phobia got worse) and before that when he was about 9 (so that was about 8 y ago.) So I may say I am lucky with that and my friends rarely have sv (well these days one of them had it!!!!)

Maybe once or twice a year. I already saw someone v once this year so hopefully that's it!
    Even if we're breaking down, we can find a way to break through
    Even if we can't find heaven, I'll walk through Hell with you
    Love, you're not alone, 'cause I'm gonna stand by you
    --- Rachel Platten "Stand By You" ♥

I work in a prison with 420+ prisoners, so pretty often nowadays.
    Come visit my history blog:

I use to see it several times a year when my kids were little. It was a nightmare back than. The last time I saw someone was my youngest about two years ago when he had strep throat. Up until today my youngest is sick now so now several times..ugh :-(
    psalm 139
    we are fearfully and wonderfully made