Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Its been a long time

Hi everyone, it has been a long time since I posted in here, I was doing very well for a long time and than this year I began to struggle again. I have three kids, two who have Autism. We haven't had to many "V" in awhile. Last time it was my older son when he was in sixth grade (he is 14 now). Well than today everything came crashing down. My youngest who is Autistic began "V" to the point I had to take him to the ER to get meds. He has been a mess all day and I have been "V" on a cpl times already. So I am majorly freaking out right now. There is a nasty bug going around in my area so I have been worried awhile about it. I am so afraid right now, I have two other kids who also haven't been sick in awhile too (14, 11) so naturally my mind is convinced its going to be hell on earth this week. For me my Emet is about me getting it not about other people or even seeing it. My fear is I am going to catch it. I am actually shaking right now as I type. So I could really use some moral support right now. Thank you everyone
    psalm 139
    we are fearfully and wonderfully made

Default Re: Its been a long time

(((((((((Psalm139)))))))))) That sounds like a really, really rough day. I know you're probably taking every precaution to keep things clean. It's so difficult with kids. I'm hoping and praying it can be contained and the rest of your week will be calm.

I have been bleaching and spraying as much as I can, thank you so much :-)
    psalm 139

I hope everything will be ok! Just try to be calmed, wash your hands and keep bleaching and spraying Let us know how it goes! Hope your son will be better soon.
    "Worrying is a waste of time. It doesn't change anything, it just messes with your mind and steals your happines."

hugs! I know how scary this is with kids. you are a great mom and did everything right. just keep
    washing and breathing and I hope it avoids the other kiddies and you .

Thank you. My youngest is doing better. It seems to be a 12 hr bug. But I still have been spraying and cleaning as much as I can
    psalm 139

Just wanted you to know that I feel the same sometimes. It can take overtake your ENTIRE LIFE. Hope that everything is ok now.

Sending positive vibes your way! You sound like a terrific mother. Hoping everyone else stays healthy!

Only just now read this thread. Hope all is settled now and you're well. It's amazing how terrifying your own kids can be huh?. This forum has given me great comfort. Xx
    Some people are so poor, all they have is money.

Facebook Donna Mutch

Sounds like you did a GREAT job!! Ive been dealing with my daughter being sick for 5 days now. I also am washing and cleaning like crazy!! So, did you end up catching what he had?

I am so sorry I am only writing to you now, I hope you are doing better though! Like everyone else is saying, you sound like a great mother to your children! As long as you keep your hands and everything clean, you should be ok. I think it is easier to avoid than most people realize. Also, I have said this to a couple of people now, but read my post that I just put up today... it will help!