Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hey guys, just needing someone to talk to right now! trying to get stuff off my chest

Just when I thought I was going along quite smoothly where emet was concerned, it comes creeping back! This time of year always brings out the anxiety in me. Its nearing Spring here, so I'm feeling all dizzy and light-headed with the pollen and flowers, and sudden warm weather...a normal person would really like it, probably, but there's something about this sort of weather that makes me feel...on edge. Also, I've had a busy week, alot of travelling around, late nights, early mornings, not such a great diet...and added to my Spring allergies...i'm not feeling 100%!

So, on a lonely Saturday afternoon like this, where I've got nothing else to occupy my mind...I start to worry. All these stupid, stupid thoughts are starting to drift into my head, like how long its been since I last v*d, what if I were to do it again, in one month, one week, one day, one hour's time...do you guys ever start thinking of the "what if's", when you're bored? I always seem to, and I really hate it. When its just me and my mind, alone, I can work myself into atrembling bundle of nerves, and actually make myself n*.

Sorry for the sillyness of this topic, but I was just wondering if anyone else gets like this - anxiety about v*ing through boredom. I just need something to take my mind off it, keep myself busy!

First off, I would like to say...LUCKY!!!! You are nearing Spring??? WaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaA!!!![img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]We are headed towards fall now, and what sh** that will be!!!

Sorry...anyways...YES!! I sometimes get bored and start obsessing about vomit. I try to keep my mind occupied with, "oooh, remember when I vomited on this date?" or "I wonder when I will vomit again"; and so on and so forth. I also hate when I work myself up because of these thoughts and "what ifs".

I think for me...I am just so used to being unhappy, that if I just for a brief moment, catch myself being happy...I get scared, and need to think negetive thoughts and obsess and be scared so I am back in my "comfort zone".

I have learned that if you are bored and catch yourself thinking about these things, you should stop thinking about them, count to ten, and shift your mind onto better things.

Also I find that doing housework and keeping busy other ways, helps me to concentrate on other things, and the plus side to that is after my housework is done, I can feel good about my accomplishments!! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img] Charlotte
    Spring is here!

Thanks Charlotte! You know, thats helping already! I tried counting to ten, and thinking about something better, and it worked ^_^ Just need to make sure it keeps working. I also went and did the washing up, and that helped, too!

I just hate being bored so much, because I KNOW I'll start thinking about you-know-what. I feel good alot, but I'm like you, in that everytime I start to feel really good, I hesitate and think "Hang on, this can't be right - something HAS to go wrong sooner or later!".

Thanks for the advice ^_^

Boredom is definitely the enemy. Given too much time to think about how we feel and what if's seem to be what does us in most of the time. Could you maybe rent a few funny movies or get into a book or find anything that takes up your attention rather than the bad thoughts. Housework is definitely a good one! Not only will it take your mind off things but your house is clean lol I should try that one more often myself lol. Anyhow, remember that you will get thru this, you seem to know why you are feeling the way you are and you seem to know how to express it and change your focus.
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

Yeah, I actually was having a tough time last night because my kids are getting ready to go back to school and all the germs will be coming home with them! Boredom is NO FREIND of ours.
    \"Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans\"-John Lennon