Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I want to say "Hello"to everybody. I'm new to this site. In fact I'm new to "Emetophobia". What I mean is I know I've had this phobia for the majority of my life, but it has just been recently that I found out that it actually has a name and I am not the only person in the world that has it. My "emet" hs recently gotten reallyreally bad and it is really startingto control my life. I'm really scared. I am relieved thatI have found people who are going through the same thingthat Iam going through and can relate to how i feel.For a long long time I feltlikeI was the only one in the world who has this phobia. I am looking forward to talking with people who understandhowI am feeling. I know it is going to help me dealwith my phobia.[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Hi Missy!

My name is also Missy and I wanted to welcome you here! I am new myself. I always had this 'problem' but till Dr.Phil gave it a name for me I thought I was the only one also. Knowing that doesn't make it go away but at least we know it is a 'real' problem and not just in our heads. I'm so sorry that it is a bad time right now. I've noticed it kindof goes up and down in severity at times. Those bad times suck so much! But hang in there and know that it will ease up soon. Maybe the good days will soon out number the bad ones! And isn't it great that you can now talk with people who actually understand?!?! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Welcome...I too found it had a name from Dr. Phil and I was actually relieved to hear that one other person had the fear. When I found hundreds on here, I almost felt a weight lifted off of me to know that I was so not alone and that it had a name and that others knew it. Where had I been all those years not knowing that others had it too?

Where in the US are you guys? I'm in Tennessee.

Hi Missy and welcome to the site! You'll find lots of help here from everyone b.c. we all know what you are going through!
    *Mandi*

Hey everyone! I'm new also. I just wanted to say hello to you all. I'm glad I found this site. It feels good to know that I'm not the only one who feels this way!=)[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Hello, newcomers.

I'm new too.

You will find that everyone on here is so helpful and supportive. Without all my friends on her I would have left a couple of times.

I have a 3 year old son who has been s* a couple of times in one month and I cant cope at all. At one point I packed some bags. I came on this site before leaving and everyone explained that what I am feeling is normal. Well, for an Emet anyway. They told me to stay. Basically this site and the people on it has saved my relationship with my children. For this I will be eternally grateful.

Another bad night last night. I wrote a letter to my other half saying I want to leave. I'm still here though. I don't know how long for. The next time my son v* I know I will go.

Keep posting here. You will find everyone is great. It's like one happy family here.

Good luck in controlling this nasty phobia.

Pookey

xxx

Welcome missy

Hi everyone, and welcome to the site. I'm the friendly neighborhood cured-of-emet therapist-type around here. I visit every couple of days and help out where I can. Mostly I hang out on the "treatments" section, though. Be sure to visit there and read all the sticky posts at the top! Lots of help, advice and info!
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Welcome Missy,

You have found a great place here with wonderful support and people who TRULY understand what you are feeling.
    TRY to live each day like it were your last