Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Coworker with SV

Hi,

A coworker of mine had the sv this weekend. Symptoms started on Saturday afternoon, and she slept all day Sunday. I don't have details about when the d* stopped, but I know she didn't v* on Sunday... Anyway, she came to work yesterday (Monday)... She used the kettle to heat water for her tea... I did the same. Don't know if I used it before or after her, but let's just say I used it after she did...

What are the chances that I get the sv from touching the kettle after she did?

Please help.... feeling very nervous...

Thanks!

Default Re: Coworker with SV

I would say very very low. We're a family of six and that's alot of exposure ( three school aged). We are (touch wood) on the whole a very un-sick family. Hth. X
    Some people are so poor, all they have is money.

Facebook Donna Mutch

unless she failed to wash her hands after being sick and then touched the handle and then you licked the handle or licked your hands....chances are low. I'm sure she washed up and showered so I think you are ok.

Remember that this is transmitted via the oral fecal route, your coworker would have to be fairly unsanitary to transmit it post infection. Generally one gets this from being around someone else who is actively sick and vomits in close proximity. The other thing is that if you are like me you wash your hands often enough to protect yourself, trust in that.