Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Hypno and TFT.

Has anyone tried Hypnotherapy or Thought Field Therapy for your phobia? Ive tried both and I am a bit disappointed with hypno, It worked up to a point but I am still constantly worried about retching. TFT seems to help a lot initially but then wears of after a while. Im sore with all the tapping that TFT instructs you to do. I supposedly regressed with Hypno yesterday but I think I wasnt under enough to feel the experience but I did feel sick when I thought of a particular time in my childhood so I told her to stop, she then went on to 'throwing these feelings in the bin' and I went deep into relaxation, she said that I have unplgged the root cause of it and I should start feeling a bit better. I dont though, I still feel as if I want to hit myself every time I feel sick, which is every minute of the day, It was only yesterday though so maybe hypnotherapy takes a while to work, what do you think? I feel like im a hopless case at the moment. Please reply.

Here's a link to a thread in the treatments forum where a hypnotist discusses hypnotherapy for emets. Or you could just flip on over to that forum and check it out.

http://www.emetophobia.org/forum/for...sp?TID=4403&am p;PN=1