Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default A Piece of Advice for Everyone! :):)

Hey all! The past two weeks have been some of the worst for my anxiety. My anxiety started getting really bad because of my intense fear of vomiting or catching the SV. Well, I started doing some yoga that targets anxiety and depression. I have also been doing some meditating... nothing major. Mainly yoga though, and let me tell ya, it has helped a lot! I still have a long ways to go but I definitely recommend it to everyone. It doesn't take away the fear of vomit BUT it will help you relax. For the first time in a LONG time, I feel normal again. Also... I always wake up around 3 or 4 AM with anxiety and nausea and actually have to get out of bed to try and calm myself down.... then I wake up in the morning around 8 or 9 with the same issues. But since I started doing yoga and meditating, I have calmed down a lot. Last night was the first time in a while that I slept normal throughout the entire night! I even woke up and felt great! It's a great feeling to just feel normal. LOL

Anyways, I definitely think you should try it if you are constantly stressed, anxious, or nervous... especially when it pertains to vomiting. It really does help!!

If interested, go on YouTube and type in "total wellness austin yoga" and you will see a bunch of yoga videos... just scroll through and find the ones for anxiety and depression. You can also search for "yoga for nausea" and find some videos for that as well!! Good luck!!!!!!!!!

Default Re: A Piece of Advice for Everyone! :):)

this will be really helpful thank you and well done with your achievements x

Quote Originally Posted by megselina View Post
    this will be really helpful thank you and well done with your achievements x
    Thank you so much... and good luck to you! Keep me updated if you start doing yoga as well!

I am going to totally google this tomorrow and have my son do it with me. Seriously. awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by mdgirl1977 View Post
    I am going to totally google this tomorrow and have my son do it with me. Seriously. awesome.
    Awesome!!! Keep my updated too! Even after the first day... I felt a little better. I do it everyday now, sometimes two or three times a day, and I have been feeling better and better each day.

Good to see this...my therapist just recommended this. I want to try meditation, like 10 minutes a day. My mind wanders soooo much that it makes it really hard. Any good techniques or anything on the internet about it? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by andee View Post
    Good to see this...my therapist just recommended this. I want to try meditation, like 10 minutes a day. My mind wanders soooo much that it makes it really hard. Any good techniques or anything on the internet about it? Thanks.
    I am the exact same way... my mind wanders a lot too! Meditation takes practice, I have yet to master it! BUT as long as you try your best to focus on your breathing, your mind will eventually come into the moment and only focus on your breathing. They say that when you are meditating, that images will keep coming across your mind, but to not worry about them, just let them pass. Almost like you are sitting in a moving car and you see everything going past you. It's much easier said than done, of course, but as long as you don't stress about your thoughts and keep focusing on your breathing, you will eventually get there. Like I said, it takes practice!!

Okay, will start practicing soon. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by andee View Post
    Okay, will start practicing soon. Thanks!
    Good!! Try doing some yoga too... that is what is helping me the most!