Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Unhappy Help! What is this now?

Yesterday evening I ate my dinner and felt a little bloated after- like I needed to go to the bathroom but couldn't. My stomach was gurgling and making normal digestive noises, so I tried to read a book and do some breathing exercises to calm myself down so I could sleep. (Side note- I've eaten a lot of peanut butter this week, and I know that sets some people's digestion off.)

Then this morning I got up and had that "gotta go" feeling. Since then, I have had a gurgling in my lower intestines and two episodes of VERY loose stools. I don't think I feel nauseated but I'm scared to eat for fear that It won't stay down. I have tightness in my throat but I know that's anxiety related. Does this sound like a virus or just plain ole IBS? (I usually get d* episodes with ibs but I haven't had an episode since probably the summer.)

Default Re: Help! What is this now?

I would say anxiety set off by IBS. Sip some peppermint tea and try to distract yourself. :-)
    Some people are so poor, all they have is money.

Facebook Donna Mutch