Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Mini Milestone

Default Mini Milestone

Hi everyone! :)
    So some of you may remember a few panicked posts from me a couple weeks ago about how scared I was that I might have been slipping back into the really bad point of my emet/anxiety cycle. Well, I am happy to report that I have been successfully fighting off the anxiety since then and I have one accomplishment in particular that I am EXTREMELY proud of, I didn't stop eating. I'm always so disappointed in myself when I stop eating out of fear and I could feel myself heading towards that place a few weeks ago, but I fought the urge and succeeded! And my biggest accomplishment: I gained weight! I've always been really skinny and my goal weight has been to get up to 120 lbs for years now and I finally surpassed that number and am now at a healthy 123 lbs. :) I'm so proud of myself and wanted to share something good with you guys since I'm always posting fearful threads. But even as I sit here, feeling great about what I've accomplished, I can still feel some anxiety symptoms. They aren't completely gone but I almost feel better with these symptoms than if they were actually gone because it shows that I've learned how to deal with them better. I'm not giving in to the anxiety like I used to and even though I don't know what the future holds, at this point in time, I'm very optimistic about handling my anxiety and controlling my fears. I just wanted to share this mini milestone with everyone, especially those who are struggling right now, to let you know that it can get better and we can get through this fear!

Default Re: Mini Milestone

Woot woot.

Not eating will not prevent v by the way.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Kick emets a....

Glad to hear you didn't let it overwhelm you this time. That can be really hard to avoid when your anxiety is high.

good job! I also cycle in an out of truly bad emet although my anxiety is always very high.