Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I have been having major stomach issues all weekend and was wondering if those of you with acid reflux or GERD or one of those types of deals could tell me if it sounds like I have something like that.

On Friday I had a headache so i took some Excedrin migraine before bed. I hate to take it because it usually upsets my stomach in some way but it is the only thing that works and I needed the headache to be gone Sat. morning. So, I woke up at 1 a.m. with this awful sort of heartburn stomachache thing. I have had it before - June was the last time I had it. It aches just at the bottom of my sternum, in the middle. I guess right below and between my boobs. I don't think it is a burning, it just aches. It sort of "throbs" - it gets really bad for a few seconds, then kind of dissipates for a few seconds. So I got up and took a million different meds, pepto and some other gross antacid gum we had. It hurt on and off all weekend but for the most part it was always there. I was taking Mylanta all weekend.

It still hurts every once in a while today, but what i have noticed is my stoamch keep sgetting real hungry and growly every couple of hours, and then it starts to ache. If i eat it seems to help a bit. Usually though I go like 4 hours between meals, so this is unusual for my tummy.

Does this sound liek an ulcer or acid refulx or somehting? I thought it was just from the Excedrin but that was almost 72 hours ago, so i don't think it is strictly the excedrin anymore.

Its possible that your esophogus got irritated by the excedrin. If you took the pill and burped a little in your sleep, some of the pill may have come back up a bit and burned your esophogus. It happened to my mom. She was irritated for several days and went to the doctor. After she told him that she had taken an aspirin, he told her it was possible for a little of the aspirin to have either broken apart before hitting the stomach which irritated the sensitive tissue or a little of the undisolved pill came back up the esophogus from a burp or gurgle the stomach does when you sleep. I would give it another day or so. If it isn't better, go to the doctor. But if it isn't any worse, I think you are probably going to be fine.
    <a href=\"
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    src=\"http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10731;130/st/2 0070423/e/My+Caribbean+Cruise/k/3909/event.png\"></a&gt ; ; ;

Thanks for the answer. That actually reassures me. I don't want to have an ulcer or something - I hate going to the dr!!

I get really bad heartburn/indegestion pains there too. What usually always works for me is Zantac. I love that stuff! I don't have an ulcer, but my doctor said I have dyspepsia which acts very similar, but isn't as serious.

Oh, and I love Excedrin too! (I really sound like a druggie!) But Zantac and Excedrin (along with Pepto Bismol[img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]) are the drugs I can't live without. Excedrin always gets rid of my headaches. It's like a miracle!

i get those pains sometimes in the morning, but they tend to go away when i drink water.

you def dont have an ulcer, my friend had one and he wasnt even able to
    walk he was in so much pain and he was v* all over. he also has other
    problems with his stomach... the ulcer was just the icing on the cake.
    so dont worry about that.

i cant take excedrin because it gives me d* caffeine gives me d*
    which woul dexplain it - theres lots of caffeine in excerdrin. i cant
    even drink a half a cup of coffee without running to the br.

One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching.

Whew, thanks for the reassurance! It finally feels good today.