Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Vomite on TV

Is there any need to show people been sick on TV?

The other day i was happily watching 50 most greatest documenteries on TV...i thought it wud be safe and good to watch... then on come supersize...which i really wudnt class as a documentery... its about a guy who eats macdonnalds everyday for a month or what ever...and at the start i got abit scared and shaky when i thought oh no could he be sick...and he was... did they really need to show that on TV? do they think about prople out there like us...who want to sit down and watch a good program and not see our fear... i was shaky and just wanted to go home ( i was at a friends house )

i went up to the bathroom and sat for a while...to try calm me...but all i cud see when i closed my eyes was that...

another time i was watching Britans biggest looser....which is about ppl who want to lose weight...and i thought that wud be good to watch... but then again... a woman is sick...so i get shaky again...unexpecting to see this on tv...

Also why do they show things like jackass? i mean yeah the hurting themselfs bit can be funny to some people...but who wants to sit there and see a man make himself extreamly ill? do they think its funny? does the man who does it think its funny or cool to make himself sick for all to see?

And i sit down to watch a film...angelas ashes...as my mum says its a good film....but then straight at the begining...a woman is sick...then a man and a boy...ok this one may not be real...but it still looks real...i think to myself that...its only acting....but what about the other ones? that were real? shud i just pretend that they are acting too?

Now i have to be careful of what i watch...what is gonna be next? im careful what i eat, where i go, what i do and now what i watch on TV

Does anyone else feel the same? disgussted with TV?

in the vast majority of cases i feel it is unneccesary but i think im one of the lucky few who isnt really that bothered by it. I think i hate the same reatcions as a non emet person - i find it unpleasant but it doesn't make me feel ill or worry I'll be ill or anything.
    <center><font face=\"Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif\"><font size=\"4\"><font color=Magenta>I\'d Reach for the stars but I can\'t find my arms...</font></font>

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

totally!!! im exactly the same... i can't stand watching, or listening to people vomit.... it makes me feel queezy and sick[img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]

and could anyone, let alone emets enjoy watching people through up.. its disgusting!

georgie x

*Hold on to what you love, live for what you know, take everything you dream of, and never let it go*

Nope, i can't handle seeing it on TV either!! Ever notice watching those supposed "Funniest Wedding" videos? There's always someone who v*s either on the altar, or at the reception....what the heck is so funny about THAT, i'll never know! MAN i can't even watch a wedding for goodness sakes!! So i can definitely understand where you're coming from!
    For God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of power and of love and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7

I always have to take caution while watching tv anymore. I remember I sat in another room with my ears plugged while my boyfriend wtched supersize me, the one about McDonalds b.c he kept V*. I stayed away from McDonalds evr since.

I dont know why they have to show people getting sick on tv. Most the time I tape these shows so I can watch them after work. And Im usually eating dinner while watching them. So it really sucks when someone gets sick. I swear though I have V* Radar. I just know when someone is going to be sick. ITs amazing. HEHE.

But anyways...I wish they woudlnt show that at all. People get a kick out of seeing other people V*...Although Ill never know why. Its discusting.

MEERCAT....I dont watch any of those funny videos anymore b.c. there is always someone who V*! Reality TV is the worst! But I totally agree. I cannot watch it or hear it or Ill start to panic and feel ill
    *Mandi*

It used to bother me but I see so much of it on ER that it doesn't really bother me any more. I mean I would PREFER not to see it but when it happens I usually just say "Eww" and move on with the show. I definately don't think it's nessecary to have in movies and TV. It seems to be a new trend in hollywood. Almost all of the movies I've seen this year have had someone V*ing, or at least at the toilet making V*Ing noises. What's up with that?

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

Those CSI shows are showing the vomiting and they sneak up on you. Dont like that.
    Remembering when I was little and watching the Brady Bunch and Family Affair all the older shows and here they are living in California and not once did you ever see them vomit, in my head that was the place to live they didnt have the flu there. Thinking back 31 years later how silly was that.

The one show that I will not watch is Fear Factor- no way!!

The McDonald's thing... was that Super Size Me? Because otherwise despite him getting sick that was an extremely well-made documentary.

Oh man!! Fear Factor!!!!! Now THERE'S the most ridiculous show ever made!!!! I have to switch even when there's a commercial about it cuz they never fail to show a gagging scene!!! I could SLAP the SH** out of the creators of that show!! And those who are ON it, deserve what they get when they get sick.... complete IDIOTS!!!!
    For God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of power and of love and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7

Fear factor...sounds very much like Jackass...

I watched jackass alone...for the 1st time...and it was funny to start with and i thiugh ahh this isnt too bad...just doin funny stunts...then on comes this stunt...a man is on a unicycle, riding along a river side. he falls in suprise suprise...gets out, and jumps bak in to get his unicycle...his m8 shouts #"oh man thats s*** in there" then he starts beein sick...all over...they even get a close up...i was shakin like bad...and cryin even tho it was on TV.

i told my m8 about this horrid show and she wanted to see it....so we watched another episode...i thought 'oh they might not show sumone been sick in every epesode'.....again it started quite good.... but then on comes another stunt...he was making an omlet. not just any ordinary omlet...he ate all the ingerdients. the eggs the pepper all that he was gonna have on this omlet. by that time he was retching....so i ran out of the room.i went bak in and my m8 was laughing....she said "he was sick in a pan, cooked it then ate it" oh yeah she really knew how to make me feel better...i went in just when the credits were on...and it showd him been sick on the credits :/ great...i didnt go bak late enough...

remind me not to watch that ever again....then they brought out a movie...didnt see that thank god...and dont want to...

anyone seen Team America.....dont.....a m8 of mine saw it...and he said i wudnt of liked it cos it shows a puppet beein sick for about 5 mins.... so im glad i didnt go see it...even tho it was a puppet it said it looked and sounded very life like...

It so winds me up the way there has to be at least one vom scene in most tv shows and films these days - even the soaps are guilty. They don't show scenes with people cra*ping all the time so why do they need to show v*ing.

I couldn't believe it when one of my favourite comedies, Little Britain, decided to include in the second series the most revolting and graphic v* gags. It's true though if your not an emet things like that are amusing - I know my friends and fiance find the v*ing scenes in this show very funny. Just turns my stomach [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]

The real nasties are the reality tv shows, or programmes where you know the v*ing is for real and not just a vegetable soup mixture being spat out to look like v*! Bleurrrggghh!

Tracey
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb