Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: fast heartbeat

Default fast heartbeat

Does anyone else have an unhealthily fast resting heart rate? Mine is 70-80 on good days, and sometimes 120 BPM on bad days. It's because of years of never exercising

Default Re: fast heartbeat

I'd like to think 70-80 wasn't terrible. Mine is usually 65-75 when my anxiety isn't too high. Do you know for a fact that your fast heartbeat is due to anxiety and not some underlying medical condition? It should be evaluated by a doctor if accompanied by dizziness, nausea, shortness of breath or fainting, or in any case if it is consistently over 100BPM (tachardia). These could be symptoms of an arrythmia. Most of these are benign but some are serious if untreated. Inthe interest of total honesty, I'm not good at taking my own advice as I have had the whole heart palpatations thing and haven't really been evaluated, but on the other hand, my episodes are not associated with the danger symptoms above and it would be unusual for me to see over 100BPM unless highly anxious at the time, and even then, usually not. How old are you Oswald and are you male or female if you don't mind telling us? I'm 32, male and in generally good health, so I think the odds are mine isn't too serious, but you never know.

Also, you might want to think about posting in general discussion (public) or general discussion/private and noting these kind of posts with an "OT" since these other subforums are pretty dead.

Quote Originally Posted by jkl81 View Post
    I'd like to think 70-80 wasn't terrible. Mine is usually 65-75 when my anxiety isn't too high. Do you know for a fact that your fast heartbeat is due to anxiety and not some underlying medical condition? It should be evaluated by a doctor if accompanied by dizziness, nausea, shortness of breath or fainting, or in any case if it is consistently over 100BPM (tachardia). These could be symptoms of an arrythmia. Most of these are benign but some are serious if untreated. Inthe interest of total honesty, I'm not good at taking my own advice as I have had the whole heart palpatations thing and haven't really been evaluated, but on the other hand, my episodes are not associated with the danger symptoms above and it would be unusual for me to see over 100BPM unless highly anxious at the time, and even then, usually not. How old are you Oswald and are you male or female if you don't mind telling us? I'm 32, male and in generally good health, so I think the odds are mine isn't too serious, but you never know.
    I don't have any of those symptoms, even when my heart is at 120 BPM i feel perfectly fine. So it's probably just plain being out of shape. I

BTW i'm allergic to MSG, and I only found that out because my heart rate shoots up to 150 BPM every time I eat something with MSG
    Last edited by Oswald; 04-13-2014 at 02:49 PM.

do you eat a high salt diet? Do you see a dr? My mom has HBP and takes what she calls a "water pill" that lowers her blood pressure.

forgot to mention that i'm 15. My blood pressure is really low

Me too...low bp but high heart rate...usually 80's or more. I will even turn over in bed and feel my heart race. I've been fine as well...I guess everyone is different.
    Also, did you ever notice as you exhale that your heart rate increases? I find that it will speed up for a few seconds...been like that forever.

ahhh I have really low BP too and I can also feel/hear my heart rate go up all the time.

It concerns me because heart rate is directly correlated with life expectancy in humans. Mice have a heartbeat of like 1000 BPM and they only live for 1-2 years. Tortoises have a heartbeat of 6 BPM and they live for 200 years.