Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default in need of some support

Hi everyone. so I'm still kind of new to this site, but I thought i'd give it a shot. I'm currently not feeling too well. i'm trying to sleep but sleep just wont come. I haven't been sick in a long time and my anxiety is getting worse. Any advice or kind thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks guys!

Default Re: in need of some support

I honestly don't think you'll be sick, just put a film on or a good tv show that will take your mind off things sip some cold water, maybe take a walk around your house and if you live with other people concentrate on not waking them up, I get this every so often and I end up awake all night but from my own experience it's much better to just sleep. let me know how you're feeling x

Quote Originally Posted by elaney15 View Post
    Hi everyone. so I'm still kind of new to this site, but I thought i'd give it a shot. I'm currently not feeling too well. i'm trying to sleep but sleep just wont come. I haven't been sick in a long time and my anxiety is getting worse. Any advice or kind thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks guys!
    How are you feeling now? This happens to me a lot, watching a funny movie or video on youtube helps me sometimes. Also, next time you can't sleep, go on youtube and type in ASMR or Binaural. Those videos are AWESOME. They are so relaxing and will help you feel better and sleep.

Isn't that the worst? I hate when I can't sleep due to anxiety. I try to sip on a water bottle that I keep next to my bed, play a puzzle game on my phone, and recently I began listening to a meditation app called "rest and relax". I hope you feel better, love!