Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default I don't know how much longer y I can go like this!

As some of you know already, I have pretty bad anxiety and it comes and goes. It has been pretty intense the last few days. However, this time, the stomach virus is going around so I have had an intense fear of catching it. Even though, I have been inside for the past week! I still fear that I could catch it. It is to the point where if I wake up in the middle of the night, I start to feel nauseous because I think that I will be sick, then my anxiety starts kicking in. I have to actually get out of bed, and walk around to try and calm my anxiety and nausea. I can't keep living this way, I am wearing myself out. Plus I have not feel like myself at all in the past few days. For those that also go through with this, do you have any coping methods? I have a wedding to attend in a few weeks and I need to recover and not worry so much! I hate having this crazy fear! It would be so much easier if I just didn't care or even thought about it. In a perfect world, of course...!

Default Re: I don't know how much longer y I can go like this!

So sorry you're going through this! I get the exact same thing really often (especially when various illnesses are going around haha). When I wake up at night I drink a little water or soda and try eating some crackers. It usually helps me. If I dont feel like sleeping straight after that I try to distract myself by browsing the internet or draw
    I really hope you'll feel better soon!

(Mint drops/candy are really helpful for me too if I feel nauseous or panicky!!)

I too am having extreme anxiety about v. Not so much myself but my daughter catching it.....oh how I am sick of emet.

I am exactly the same, I wake up quite often and if I wake up I start to feel queasy but it's usually just an adrenaline rush, theirs a horrible bug going around my school at the moment but as long as you stay hygenic you should be a-ok, also if you wake in the night I find that going on my phone and watching binaural videos on YouTube helps, stay strong we're all here for you!!

Thank you!! I've never heard of binaural videos, I will check them out sometime! There is still a bug going around my work too and it scares me! I've been washing my hands like crazy and my boyfriend sanitized everything. LOL

But you know what, if you think about it, there is always something going around. At least that's what it seems! My mom keeps telling me to not stress about it though, we can't live our lives that way. (Much easier said than done, especially for us!) LOL

my mum says the same that I'm wasting my life but it's not something you can just get over unfortunately so little steps have to be taken hope you get some good sleep

Quote Originally Posted by megselina View Post
    my mum says the same that I'm wasting my life but it's not something you can just get over unfortunately so little steps have to be taken hope you get some good sleep
    Yea, it is definitely not something to just get over, but I am trying! Thank you!