Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Nauseous and worried

I'm really nauseous tonight and I can't sleep. I went to sleep but woke up an hour later and thought I was going to throw up. I didn't but I just feel so sick. What can I do to help? I don't have medication. Feels like there's a huge lump in my throat

Default Re: Nauseous and worried

How are you now? It's probably anxiety or gas or something. Calm down.

Still feel sick but not as bad. I'm too worried to go to sleep though. It's not easy to calm down as I'm sure you know :/

You're feeling better! You'll be fine. Do you have some apple cider vinegar around? Try that. Like a tablespoon or something. For some reason it calms me down and helps with tummy aches. Feel better! <3

That sounds a lot like acid reflux. You can take antacid tablets for that, if you are comfortable with OTC medications. Hope you are feeling better today!

I'm already on long term acid reflux medication. I don't know what the problem was really. I still felt dodgy today but am feeling ok now so hoping for a better sleep tonight. Thanks all xx

This happens to me quite often. I have learned that is from my anxiety. I know it is much easier said than done, but if you wake up again with the same problem, just try your best to tell yourself that you will be ok! You are not going to wake up in the middle of the night and throw up for no reason. Plus, I have also learned that if you do throw up, it is only because you are sick, AND you won't be nauseous forever beforehand. You will be nauseous for a couple of seconds, then throw up. Regardless, you are not sick. You are only making yourself feel nauseous and you will be ok. I am still working on this myself and yes, it is hard, but you can do it! By the way, please read my post I just put up a little bit ago. I think it will help. Good luck to you!