Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

Default What are the chances??? Please help

So the little boy ( he's 3) I look after often and saw him Wednesday where we had lots of kisses and cuddles and close contact and I wasn't overly careful with hygiene when I saw him. today I have just seen (thanks to Instagram) he has been. V* his dad posted a picture of a bowl and clothes saying 'this will be my view today one v* boy'
    I'm so scared now!!! What do you think my chances are??
    will he have been symptomatic on Wednesday? He seemed totally fine then was happy running around no signs at all of this!
    but will I catch it? Can you catch it from breathing if there is no symptoms?
    any help from mums or anything??
    Last edited by callmejessicag; 04-18-2014 at 01:30 PM.

Default Re: What are the chances??? Please help

It is not contagious until they start showing symptoms. You will be fine!
    Everyone needs someone who understands!

0%. You are safe!

Hi Jessica,
    When your anxiety gets built up like this, you need to sit down and just rationalize your fears, maybe even write it down in a notebook. Yes, the little boy was sick and yes you were near him but it is only passed by you ingesting contaminated V or D. Not breath or saliva (unless he had already V) or sweat. When you were around him he wasn't showing any symptoms, so you are safe. =) I know you're so scared but don't let these thoughts get a hold of you like this. You're going to be just fine =)

I guess I started to panic because he was fine Wednesday and it's just today that he started v* I was thinking what if he was brewing it Wednesday . I haven't been anywhere near him since Wednesday so haven't been with him when he was v* thank goodness.
    Thanks for the reassurance x x x

1. You didn't touch him during or after his v*ing
    2. Kids get sick from ANYTHING!!! Hell, he may have spun around too fast and made himself ill.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

We have had numerous buggies thru our home and of all the times where I thought. 'ugh, they drank out of the same cup six hours earlier' or ' oh bugger, they kissed goodbye a couple hours ago', not once did they catch it. Please rest assured. ;-)

Also remember rotavirus, lil kids get it but adults don't, it's not like nor virus, it's a stomach bug that we can build up immunity to. the 1st winter my son was at school he picked it up and started vomiting on a saturday night, he was sick over me, over his sister, over just about everything you could imagine, it was awful, he was so poorly we took him to a&e, he was admitted for iv fluids and they took a sample, it came back as rotavirus, the doctor explained the virus to me, it's a nasty 1 for lil kids. they say that something like 97 percent of kids have had it by the time they are 5. There is now a vaccine for it, it's given to babies in 2 doses, that's if the parents decide to take up the offer? Rotavirus levels are really low in the Uk this winter and they are putting it down to the vaccine. I'd say you are absolutely fine. Roll on the norovirus vaccine!!!!!!

Cab rotavirus happen after 5? The only time I rember having any sort of SV I was 7 or 8? Could that have been rotavirus?

Quote Originally Posted by NicManri View Post
    Cab rotavirus happen after 5? The only time I rember having any sort of SV I was 7 or 8? Could that have been rotavirus?
    Yes rotavirus can happen after the age of 5, however the symptoms get milder as the child gets older. For example, 3 yr old could have bad symptoms and passes the virus onto its 12 yr old sibling who would probably go on to develop symptoms but much milder, maybe just a bit off and slight upset stomach. Mum and dad could pick up the virus and not have any symptoms at all. The more times you contract the virus the weaker the symptoms are. If you went to pre school or was in childcare you probably picked it up at a young age.