1. <LI>The next sticky topic down is a paper I wrote entitled 'INFO ARTICLE FOR DRS., PATIENTS, FAMILIES". It contains relevant research as well as information for treating emetophobia including how to construct a hierarchy of fears.
    <LI>This site was created by me for gradual desensitization to vomit. The hierarchy of fears is broken down to 43 pictures ranging from a picture ofthe word "vomit" withall the letters missing but the "v", to a very graphic photograph of someone vomiting. http://www.emetophobia.bravehost.com/
    <LI>Next go to www.ratemyvomit.com for a whole host of disgusting pictures of vomit in various forms.
    <LI>There is a video available entitled "Exposure to Vomit" from Ambassador Video in the UK. It was made by a group of CB therapists in Sheffield. Their website is www.ambassadorvideo.co.uk This is old, but excellent. Some scenes are staged, some are real. They are all situations a client would likely find themselves in such as with a child, sick in bed with flu, hangover, pregnancy, an elderly sick person.
    <LI>VIDEOS: If you can't get hold of the "Exposure to Vomit" video, here's a list of movies that I believe is in order from easiest to watch to most difficult, although this will depend on your client's individual fears:</LI>

i) Monster's Ball opening scene (SOUND only...very realistic - probably is real.) Later in the film (first 30 minutes) there is a scene in b/w of a prison guard vomiting as though he's on a security camera - probably easiest to watch.

ii) Doc Hollywood - opening scene has a homeless guy in an ER vomit on the floor (it's staged)

iii) 28 Days - she vomits in a toilet, but you can't see much of it.

iv) Saving Private Ryan - opening scene. This is also staged.

v) Minority Report - quite sudden, but over quickly. It's the scene where they have jet-packs and are fighting in an alley.

vi) Appollo 13 - scene when they first take off. It's pretty gross, but probably also fake.

vii) The Piano - scene with little girl on the beach. Seems real, but is mild.

viii) Show Girls - quite a graphic scene that may be real.

ix) Drop Dead Gorgeous - there's a chain-reaction puking scene that's meant to be funny, but it's a lot of vomit in one place at one time.

x) Stand by Me - totally fake but quite disgusting and horrible (until you watch it 50 times, then it's sort of funny)

XI)The piece de la resistance: Jackass, the Movie. There are two or three vomit scenes, if you can tolerate finding them. The first is when one jackass snorts wasabi... another is a cameraman vomiting because of the smell of someone who soiled himself...and finally a man eats a yellow-snow-cone and vomits in the snow. The good thing about these bozos is that they laugh so much at one another vomiting - it's quite calming in the end. And these scenes are real.

xii) now go to http://video.search.yahoo.com
[b]and plug in "vomit". You'll come up with all sorts of very real vomiting scenes. There's one medley of baby vomit that's quit