Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

View Poll Results: Do you bite yor nails?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • I do at the moment

14 45.16%
  • I used to

5 16.13%
  • I don’t at the moment

1 3.23%
  • I never have

11 35.48%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Just wondering. Because it's an anxiety thing isn't it? I do and I have since I was 5!

Nope, my friend used to though. I cant i find it too unhygeinic!
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

I never bite my nails, i'm not sure why but I dont. If my nails break I like pick at them and make them the same length but no I just genrally dont!

I think I used to, when I was really young. I stopped when my obsessive handwashing started. The cleaner I got, the more I realized that things like biting your nails were really really unhygenic. My hands don't go anywhere near my mouth unless they've just been washed, and even then I worry about it.

<Zach>
    <center><font face=\"Times New Roman, Times, serif\"><font size=\"2\">Bach gave us God\'s word,
    Mozart gave us God\'s laughter,
    Beethoven gave us God\'s fire,
    God gave us music that we may pray without words.
    </center></font></font>

DID YOU KNOW??

Biting your nails is just as unhygenic than licking a toilet seat???

It's true! thats why i never bite my nails!

I bite my nails all the time, but I have never had the obsession with germs part of this phobia. I don't worry about food being undercooked, I don't wash my hands constantly, I don't check expiration dates. However, if I find out someone near me is sick, I could beat any one of you in the 50 yard dash. LOL
    It\'s all right to have butterflies in your stomach. Just get them to fly in formation.

I really don't understand it when people bite their nails - even to the point of bleeding! [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]OUCH!! It seems like the negatives out-weigh any positives that this habit comes with.
    No life is wasted; the only time we waste is the time we spend thinking we are alone.

Hi, about 75% of germs are on your hands...think bout it, opening doors, handling money, shaking hands, locking the stall door in the bathroom, the person b4 you could have went in there to p***
    Now where\'s that crazy sheep at? Here sheeeepy sheeepy!

wetjeans,

Ummm, what's your point? Did you know there is more bacteria and germs in your mouth that there is in your arse? (using the polite term) Germs don't bothers me. Being near v* does, or feeling sick to my stomach does.
    It\'s all right to have butterflies in your stomach. Just get them to fly in formation.

But sweetfreak, isn't that bacteria in our mouth just our regular everyday germs that don't hurt us, but could make others sick? I don't know for sure, but it seems like if we had so many millions of harmful germs in our mouth all the time, we would constantly be sick! I agree with wetjeans that you might as well be cautious, especially since you don't like feeling sick to your stomach.
    No life is wasted; the only time we waste is the time we spend thinking we are alone.

I don't think it's a good idea to be cautious. Then I will start being worried about germs all the time. My phobia is bad enough as it is. LOL

Hey!!

If shes not paranoid about germs then don't bug her till she is!!! I think sweetfreak is probably better off not worrying about this stuff. I mean all the rituals about hygeine i do?? Damn i would rather be like you SF and not worry!!!! Because if you start on that train fo thought where does it end??

Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

Ha, I guess you guys are right. It just doesn't make sense to me that if you can prevent coming in contact with germs, then why wouldn't you? But everybody is different!

Quote Originally Posted by Louise

DID YOU KNOW??

Biting your nails is just as unhygenic than licking a toilet seat???

It's true! thats why i never bite my nails!

I have been told that before soooooooooo many times but I've researched it and they are very different germs.Who are these 12 people on the poll who do bite theirs? Why aren't you posting?Edited by: x hannah x

If you think about it I guess your nails touch everythingand will get the airbourn viruses from like door handles etc. I guess its ok if you wash your hands before you bite them!!! lol But If you've survived a long time biting your nails and havent really got ill from it, then you must have a strong immunesystem which is always a good thing!!!

Although I'm an incredibly nervous person, I have never bitten my nails because I've always been afraid of coming in contact with germsthrough the dirt under your fingernails or however else you can get germs from it. I've been told many times when I was younger what Louise mentioned, and just howunhygenic it was, butI just can'tremember the exact saying they used to tell us.....

Good question Hannah!!Edited by: NCsmile6
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!
    The Only Thing We Have To Fear Is Fear Itself- Franklin Delano Roosevelt

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.