Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Scary experience today! :(

Hi everyone! How has your day been? So, today me, my mom, dad, brother and sister in law went to the antique mall together. While I was i there I got bad pains in my stomach and abdomen, but I was also hungry so I didn't worry. We went to Olive Garden and after I had eaten some salad and breadsticks i got pains so bad I was practically in tears. I litterally hurt to think. I thought my stomach was exploding or I was having a heart attack because it was in my chest too I did good job of not panicking too much. I mean, I didn't feel nauseous, just had really bad pains. I realized I had to lay down, so in the middle of the restraunt, I just layed down in the booth! Instant relief! I ate some eggplant and spaghetti and we left. I layed down in the car the whole way home, and i was fine So then we went to a diner and got malts and it was a perfect day! <3 But I think what caused the pains was eating one and a half BIG containers of mexican rice and beans and Chili Rienos (sorry, I don't know how to spell it) the night before. So anyway, I'm just happy that I remained calm and had a great day despite what happened. So if any of you ever feel like that, try laying down. It seriously saved my life today! Happy early Easter <3

Default Re: Scary experience today! :(

you had a whole bunch of different foods! I bet it was gas buildup. Painful. Laying down does help. Good for you for pushing through and eating afterwards. That is a huge step for an emet!

Default Re: Scary experience today! :(

Thanks! Yeah, I'm positive it was just killer gas!