Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Feet and armpits....

I have heard that feet and armpits (in particular) when they sweat, are laden with bacteria. My fifteen year old sons best friend comes around after school to hang out and by that time of day he has produced a fair amount of sweat. We've massive (10ft square) beanbags in each of the children's rooms (the are two in my sons room) and the boys lay on them to talk, play x-box, watch movies etc so are on them for ages. I can remove their covers for washing (I have extra covers) but its a big job as they're thick canvass and corduroy and very large. How often would you wash them and how dirty are feet and armpits really as this is really worrying me. Thanks in advance!.
    Some people are so poor, all they have is money.

Facebook Donna Mutch

Default Re: Feet and armpits....

I would have washed them everyday that he came over to the house or when it was dirty. Is it just his friend that your worried about or both your son and his friend?
    Last edited by khernández99; 07-26-2015 at 06:26 PM.
    Original Register Date w/Old Account: 27 December 2012.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Could you spray down the fabric with Lysol? The brand III spray is supposed to kill most bacteria and viruses. Plus, it smells really good too!

Just my son's friend. Kernandez, that's exactly what I've been doing and it's doing my head in. I have been using the spray we get here in NZ (Dettol, not for Noro) on colder days but I am convinced the bags (and the carpet) are seething. They are such good friends and are both really struggling with life so I wouldn't say anything. How dirty are armpits and feet? Can they make us sick?

Hi Mamafear,

I did a quick google search of bacteria and armpits\feet and the only thing I could find was odor causing bacteria, not bacteria that will make you sick. I didn't look much further than the first page of results though.

I would imagine that it's ok because sports athletes get all sweaty and bump each other etc and they seem to be fine

If it's smelly in his room you can sprinkle baking soda over the area and let it sit, then vacuum it up. That's what I do in my stinky little boys room and it works like a charm. That way it's not masking any odors but actually removing them

I have to agree with Kimberly, there is NO harm in bacteria from armpits and feet, it causes bad odors but it won't make anyone sick. So if you're afraid of bacteria causing v*, there is absolutely no risk from this. None whatsoever. So there is no need to wash them all the time, unless the odors become offensive. And if they do, you can either lysol (you can use regular lysol, the apple scented one is nice) or just febreze the smells into oblivion. Baking soda does work as well, but it's a bit more messy. So don't worry, it's a bit yucky but it will cause no illness to anyone