Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: just wondering

here's trhe ting....there are times of the day that i feel worse than others. for example my worst time of the day is when i wake up in the morning. that is when i feel most sick. i don't start feeling good until some time after 6 o'clock in the evening. I was just wondering if anybody else had that same problem? also, i start therapy tomorrow. i'm a little nervous. i don't really know what to say to the therapist. will they know what i am talking about if i tell them about emetophobia? will they understand? what do i say? if anybody has any ideas, please let me know. thanks

I am exactly the same, I feel sick when I first wake up, but sitting here now at 8 oclock I feel fine.

I haven't really got any advice re seeing the therapist as I am not
    having much luck with my Doctor at the moment, but I hope it goes well
    for you.

Missy there is someting on this site that Sage posted you can give to your Therapist for him/her to get a knowledge of what you are going through. Print it up and take it in

AS of not feeling well. IT always happens to me when I try to go to sleep at night. I dont know why. Its weird. I'll lay down in bed..and sometimes I start to feel sick. Its crazy!
    *Mandi*

Yes, i have my times of day when i feel worse than others. I usually feel blah in the mornings when i first wake up, but once i'm at work, i'm pretty good. Probably because my mind is kept busy and i don't have time to think about my fears. I'm fairly good throughout the evening, but i begin to feel a little yuck again around bed time. Go figure! I guess i'm always my best when i'm busy. I definitely feel my worse when i have too much time on my hands to "think"!!
    For God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of power and of love and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7

yea i never feel hot in the morning. but i always feel worse at night. like right now

definitly print out that thing from sage and bring it to your therapist

One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching.